Deception

Deception

A Poem by Shae
"

This is life.

"
When the light fades and the wolves start to howl, the room turns red and the devil is on the prowl. Listen to the sounds. Feel the wind on your face. He was here before, but you find no trace. You trip and fall, now on the ground where you belong. He smells your fear, which makes him strong. He finds your face, strokes it gently. You shiver and shake. He laughs resentfully. A tear streams down the side of your face. He leans in for a sweet little taste. He crawls around, laughing and smiling. His beauty is evident, so depriving. You're so scared, alone with nothing to do. I sit there and laugh, remembering when I was you. The days were short, when I believed the lies. No one reached out. They ignored my cries. He slashes your throat, the blood pours out. You can't scream anymore. You're filled with doubt. The pain is too much. It hurts so bad. You cry out to God. Now you're making him mad. It's getting harder. He can barely move. You start to get up. You'll be leaving soon. I start to panic. No one to be with me. Now you're standing, trying to leave. You start to run, pushing me out of your way. Again I fall, but there's something you have to say. You tell me I'm dying, going straight to hell. You accuse me of that torment, which I endured before as well. You left my side, let go of my hand. You quickly put up a sign, drew a line in the sand. You ran away, like a child in fear. You never took the time to notice me, here. The room collapsed, my heart stopped beating, and now you're sitting at home, praying, not eating.
Do I rest on your mind? Are you having trouble with your conscience? Do you feel that you caused a big part of this? The pain you gave me was more than enough. Your conscience a blaze, you try to be tough. At night you lay down, no rest yet. My thought teases you, but that's what you getTreasure my thought, hold my things. Remember my voice, but forget my pain. You had no part in this, right? You did nothing wrong. So then why is your guilt lasting so long?

© 2010 Shae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on July 11, 2010

Author

Shae
Shae

Arlington, TX



About
I like to watch fire, I throw things at the moon and pretend I can talk to fish. Pray every day. Head banging is crucial. It's okay to wear a dress. more..

Writing
1,046 Miles 1,046 Miles

A Poem by Shae


Encouragement Encouragement

A Poem by Shae


Faceless. Faceless.

A Story by Shae