{ first impressions ;

{ first impressions ;

A Poem by timelessperfections

Whenever you look at someone for the first time in your life, there is always something you notice before anything else.

For you, is it their athletic build? How about the way they almost appear as if they’re floating when they walk? The slight upturn on the higher part of their lip that always gives the impression they’re happy, even when they’re not? Perhaps a small glimmer of knowingness in their eyes is what captures your interest in the first place. But if none of these apply to you, then surely you notice the more grotesque things about them.

Maybe you notice the acute flare at the corner of their nostril. Or the insignificant scar or scrape that flaws their otherwise perfect body? What about the way they clench and unclench their fists subconsciously, as if they’re nervous or anticipating a terrible thing?

We are all guilty of judging someone new in our own way; summing what they are and who they appear to be into an impotent, forgettable, and often wrong first impression. 

© 2010 timelessperfections


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the imagery, it's really well done.. Great job! I love this! We really are all guilty of keeping first impressions and I think this sums everything up nicely.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on November 9, 2010