Last Shred of Hope

Last Shred of Hope

A Poem by Tessa
"

***

"
It's hard to give off a positive essence when you can't even stand yourself in an empty room. Hating yourself is a weird thing. You can love others so deeply, but when it comes to you? There's no love left to spare. It's murderous to your own self worth. I now see how people lose all respect for themselves, no care as to what happens to them. It's so simple to fall into that trap. It's the devil's work. The reason I haven't is because I'm holding onto that last shred of hope. I heard recently that to recover, you have to hit rock bottom. And life is beautiful, so f*****g beautiful. It doesn't seem like it in my dark and clouded mindset. Self loathing. Is it selfish to be so focused on yourself? Maybe having something to redirect your focus on is the answer. Just building up some respect for yourself and knowing that life is going to go the way it's supposed to go if I will it to. If I can bear the pain until life starts unfolding before my eyes, everything will have been worth the fight.

© 2018 Tessa


Author's Note

Tessa
I don't really think this would be considered poetry, it's more like some thoughts I felt like writing down.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on August 3, 2018
Last Updated on August 3, 2018
Tags: mental illness, depression, sad, lonely, deep, thoughts, rambling

Author

Tessa
Tessa

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Poem by Tessa


IDK IDK

A Poem by Tessa