Surrender

Surrender

A Poem by Dante Hieroden
"

Love is more than you know Child. Surrender to where I lead you.

"

Surrender

Fear gripes my heart as I contemplate any wrong doings I have committed. How terrible the humanity I have stripped of myself in this moment. How terrible I condemn myself in the dark and I see not light nor hear its call. As I stand judge, jury and executioner to my wrong doings...I hear God’s voice and it is with compassion that he takes me aside and tells me that is not my work to do. I contemplate my fate and ask God if love is what he wants for me. But Love betrays, it abandons, it destroys, human’s cannot know what true love is can they? God smiles, love is more than you know child. And he tells me not to hide from it. I step down from the platform, my head was ready to be sliced off but God commands my death not.

He points me again to love...love with a man. And tells me I am not condemned and this is where I must be. My path joined with his. So I contemplate how I may serve God in this fashion. As I sit God takes my hand and leads me forward to the path again. And he says fear not child for I am with you. I am love greater than you or him.  

My heart weeps at the beauty of it. A thousand fears and thoughts and feelings erupt. As I question and I ponder and I contemplate, God speaks to me...and says be still. You are doing exactly what I want of you. I feel his hands on my shoulders as he comforts me and shows me his pure light.

What is it to know love of this kind? God being love. Rapture of my heart. Ecstasy of love pure and true. I turn to him and I weep for his kindness, his love, his compassion. He soothes my aches and eases the path ahead. I am asked to surrender to the man.  God speaks and I stare up afraid, weeping, unknown and terrified. 

When I look ahead my choice is clear, the path behind is filled with darkness and terror. I cannot be what again I was years, months, weeks, days, hours before. So here I am loyally serving you my God and I surrender completely to you. To where you send me and to the man you send me to...so I here I am. For your love is all encompassing and I feel jubilation as you wrap your light around me. 

Always your daughter I am. I will go where you send me. I surrender. 

© 2012 Dante Hieroden


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

An excellent piece of work

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such a moving prayer.
well done and well recieved......hder.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dante Hieroden

11 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 19, 2012
Last Updated on September 23, 2012

Author

Dante Hieroden
Dante Hieroden

Murrieta, CA



About
Dante Hieroden is 26 years old. He is a council member (host alter) in a D.I.D. system called the The Valerian Legion. He is a punk at heart. He is passionate about writing poetry. He finds talking ab.. more..

Writing