Hotel California...More Or Less

Hotel California...More Or Less

A Chapter by Valerie Wagner

Street lights and trees past by as the brothers drove down the road, headed for Jesup, Georgia.

The drive had been silent, neither said a word to each other, until Dean broke the silence. "Maybe it's another demon. I mean, we are on bad terms with Hell anyways, so maybe one of those sons of b*****s is playing some cruel joke on us by killing someone else's mom just like how Azazul killed ours and Jessica."

Sam moved his gaze from the window to his brother. "Maybe...maybe not. Since Amara was let loose, not a lot of monsters are out and about as they used to. Maybe they're all planning how to screw with the Winchester boys next." Sam hoped that Dean caught the sarcasm in his voice, then he got serious. "Dean I don't think it's a demon. It doesn't feel right."

"Oh, you and your feelings, Haley Joel, get a room." Dean sighed. "Then what do you 'feel' that it is then?"

"I don't know, but it just doesn't feel right."

After about 3 or 4 hours, Dean finally passed a sign reading, "Welcome to Jesup," and drove silently through the small town, not a person walking across the street. There were no children playing outside, or even a neighbor stopping to say "Hi," to another.

Dean finally noticed a Holiday Inn at the end of the street, a good place to stay for a while. Dean pulled into a parking spot and pulled the keys out of the ignition.

Before Dean got out of the car, he pulled out a spoon from the glove box and stuck it in his brother's agape mouth, pushed Sam's sleeping form and said loudly, "Sleeping Beauty, wake up! We're here!"

Sam, waking up slowly, smacking the spoon out of his mouth, giving Dean a glare." Jerk."

Dean chuckled, nudging him again. "B***h."

Dean walked around to Sam's side of the car and opened the door. Sam got out of the car, saying, "Dude, seriously that's old."

"Yeah, but it's still funny," Dean laughed.

Sam, still tired, rubbed his eyes and went into the hotel lobby. Dean walked over to the counter and said, "We need a room." He smiled to the young lady who was behind the counter, chewing her gum slowly.

"Two queens or a king?"

"We'll take queens," Sam answered sleepily, sighing softly.

The lady typed a few words into the computer in front of her. "'Kay, and how long will ya'll be stayin' with us?"

"Indefinitely," Dean said, flashing her another smile.

She smiled back, a cheeky, fake smile, before saying, "Cash or credit?"

Dean's smile faded as her pulled out one of the many credit card scams he had acquired over the years and handed it to the lady.

She smiled a real smile as she took the credit card, quickly glancing at the name.

"Well, thank ya'll for stayin' with us, Mr. Kowalski."

Dean smiled sheepishly, then guided his sleepy brother down the hall to their room.

In Sam's attempt to be funny, he said, "Maybe small towns aren't so bad, eh, Dean-o?" Sam nudged his older brother.

Dean glared at Sam, not saying anything.

Sam's smile faded, and he quickly opened the door to their room.

Sam collapsed at the first bed he saw, leaving Dean to stumbling through the dimly lit room, searching for the other bed.

As Dean made his way through the dimly lit room, his legs bumped into a hard object-the other bed. In his attempt to contain his yell, Dean fell over and onto the poorly made bed. He laid on his side, massaging his knee.

"Stupid hotels," was all he said before he slipped into sleep, realizing how tired he actually was.



© 2016 Valerie Wagner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on March 11, 2016
Last Updated on March 11, 2016


Author

Valerie Wagner
Valerie Wagner

Biloxi, MS



About
I love supernatural, doctor who, sherlock, and anime. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Valerie Wagner