Vampires and Werewolves: Allied Destruction- Prologue

Vampires and Werewolves: Allied Destruction- Prologue

A Chapter by William Underwood

1
Prologue

For millennia, we have been sworn enemies. For as many years as we have existed, we have killed each other. Vampires and Werewolves would always be enemies, or so we thought…
Since their creation, humans have feared us, the “creatures of the night” as they so ignorantly put it. Fortunately, they have forgotten us over the past thousand years. Now, they believe we only exist in movies and books. We would have preferred for it to stay that way. But, as fate would have it, the wrong people learned of our existence. They are the hunters; a secret society of those who believe in the supernatural, and hate all that is associated with it. Including us.
It is because of the Hunters that I now go to the Vampire leader in order to attempt to form the most unholy alliance since Zhak and Florae. I am going to ask the rahka to join with us to fight against the humans. I go in secrecy to keep the Hunters from learning of our plan. This plan requires speed and stealth of which has never before been needed by my kind. It requires the skills of a vampire.
I am practically royalty to my kind. My stepfather is the king of all Werewolves. It is because of this relation that I have been entrusted with this mission. My older stepbrother (and heir to the throne) was never considered. He has more brawn than brains, and what intelligence he possesses is of no value in non-military situations.

2
Since birth, one thought has been forced into my mind: Vampires are the most vile form of scum on this planet. Our hatred for them is bested only by our hatred for humans. Now my stepfather sends me to their lair to ask them to join us in this alliance. He has sent me to go against our most ancient and well-known law: To fight alongside Vampires or humans will be punished by death, or worse; exile. To a human, this may make no sense. How is exile worse than death? This is true for us in such a way that those sentenced to exile tend to commit suicide. This is because we feel a bond so strong that many of us have been known to have a sudden feeling of pain when a friend dies without ever being told. The pack is our life.
As this is a diplomatic mission, I go unarmed as I can possible be. But, I can still kill any Vampire that tries to stop me. A human wouldn’t understand this statement because of stupid legends. What idiot came up with the idea that a Werewolf’s power is only active at night, even that we can only transform during a full moon? That is a myth that human writers have created. We Werewolves have always had the power to transform at will, night or day, anytime of the month. Because of that, we are always a danger to Vampires. They know as well as we do that the bite of a Werewolf, while not directly deadly, will eventually kill a Vampire. It will make them into the thing they hate most: a human. Unfortunately, if a Vampire catches one of my kind off guard, in our human state, then their bite will do the same to us.
Humans know next to nothing about us. Shooting a Werewolf with silver bullets doesn’t do any more damage than any other bullets. We aren’t afraid of fire any more than humans. We are the ones that brought fire into this world. We are no different on the

3
night of a full moon than on any other night of the month. In truth, when in the form of a wolf, we are practically invulnerable to weapons of human invention. The only thing that can kill a transformed Werewolf is pure liquid Chlorine, directly injected into our bodies or napalm fire. Unfortunately, when in human form, we are susceptible to all the same things that humans are.
Vampires are depicted as Englishmen running around in capes and turning into bats. That is nowhere near the truth. That was a werewolf’s practical joke. In truth, they originated somewhere near Pompeii. The sun doesn’t hurt a Vampire at all, they can just see better at night, gives them the upper hand when hunting. One of the most well known Vampires in our world was a priest, so I guess that crosses don’t hurt them. Silver doesn’t hurt them either. The most efficient way to kill a Vampire is to behead it.
Unfortunately, when we die there is no difference between our bodies and that of a human. Many unsolved murders are from such bodies being found. No one even suspects a thing most times. Of course, hunters know what to look for in the bodies to distinguish between humans and us; even more is that they can tell the difference between our bodies and those of Vampires.
For obvious reasons, when one of our kind dies, we do what we can to get rid of the body. If we don’t, the hunters can track us more easily and when they find us, we lose large amounts of our people at once from a napalm fire in our den. When these things happen, many of us call for open war; but we get over it after a few weeks. Not this time!

4
These vile humans have gone too far! They have murdered our queen! They have taken the one thing I have ever loved: my mother.
It has been three months and yet the people of our race are as full of rage as the day it happened. These calls for war started out as random ideas. Many wanted to attack Humans and Vampires indiscriminately. The council knew that would never work and, after a month of deliberation, came to a decision to join with the Vampires if at all possible. We would work with the rahka to eliminate all Hunters, and then worry about the Vampires when we had trained better and observed them in battle to study their methods.
The safehouse is in view and I must concentrate. This may be diplomatic, but if I am stopped before I enter the safehouse, my mission will fail. Therefore, I must use stealth to gain entrance into the compound below the safehouse. It is there I will meet the rahka and persuade him to join us. But first, I must make it to the safehouse…
 



© 2008 William Underwood


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed reading this. It was just amazing. I love the words you use and the way you use them. Just excellent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


coool...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2008
Last Updated on April 17, 2008