“Automation Effects in the Business.” Reviews: IAM Group Limited (Ltd.)  Singapore to BK land, Y

“Automation Effects in the Business.” Reviews: IAM Group Limited (Ltd.) Singapore to BK land, Y

A Story by vangiehaxton
"

A story of the effect of automation in the business

"

I am a manager of a in one of the restaurant in the province.  The business is all about food.  I was previously working in the main city of my country, Singapore for 5 years.  With handwork I was able to save a lot.  However, due to different competitions of food business in the area that the store closes.

Since I am a breadwinner, I have no choice but to find another replacement job.  I ended with a restaurant business in the province.  The owner is kind.  It is family owned restaurant business.  Since it is provincial, it is difficult to get approval from the owner for an automated computerized Point of Sales  (POS) system.  The owner is used to old version of writing down orders, and giving receipt manually.  It is a very tedious work for each cashier to do all these things.

I have tried to convince the owner to set aside a budget for the automation for easier tasks.  However, after continuous follow-ups and a never ending hours of overtime just to manually compute the sales every end of the day, every end of the month, every end of the year.  This kind of work finally ended.  Just recently the owner agreed to set aside a budget for the computer and the software that are needed to fully comply with the requirements of a POS System.  Internet connection was also requested for an immediate monitoring of online orders of clients, as the restaurant purchased a service from a web site developer to develop a software via web for this kind of marketing and sales ordering requirements of the store.  Over the years, the business flourished, with no discrepancies on sales total every end of  the day.  Monthly reports generation is so easy. We highly suggest that all businesses specially the restaurant business to go to POS as it really helps the management and the manager to have immediate reports for sales evaluation.  Thanks to this IAM Group Limited (Ltd.) as seeing their website on net encourages every managers to share experiences in work.  They have groups in Singapore to BK Thailand, Yokohama, Japan to name a few.

© 2015 vangiehaxton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on January 5, 2015
Last Updated on January 5, 2015

Author

vangiehaxton
vangiehaxton

melbourne, Australia



About
I like writing essays, blog, compositions. I am inlove and inspired creating stories. more..

Writing