Somebody To Love Chapter 1*

Somebody To Love Chapter 1*

A Chapter by Vanessa
"

Meet Stacey Martin, the completely clueless girl looking for 'The One' so long, she didn’t even notice it.

"

Meet Stacey Martin, the complete clueless. Looking for The One so long, she didn’t even notice it.

 

‘FIND ME SOMEBODY TO LOVE, SOMEBODY, SOMEBODY, SOMEBODY, SOMEBODY, SOMEBODY, SOMEBODY, SOMEBODY, CAN ANYBODY FIND ME SOMEBODY TO LOVE!’ What a way to wake up. ‘Even the alarm clock is against me’ Stacey thought. Christ almighty, its bad enough stretching and finding no one sharing the queen sized bed beside you, a harsh wakeup call was the last she expected. Of all the songs to be playing at 7:30am, why must Queen blast from the speakers? So what if I’m single? so what if I have been for the past two and a half years? Or that I’m twenty seven and slowly my biological clock is self destructing? Nothing to worry about right? Surely The One will turn up sooner or later. Fingers crossed he is one hot guy, or else I probably left him in a bar someplace.

Shrugging off her pyjamas and climbing into the cold shower that no doubt awaited her, Stacey thought about the man of her dreams, The One. In her mind he would have to be…Six foot one, built, soft shiny brown hair, bright blue eyes. Yeah that sounds like a dream that is never going to materialise. A spurt of boiling water sloshed Stacey’s back, scolding her. With a yelp and a bang, she was on the bathroom floor. Spread eagle, one leg over the side of the shower tub, the other on the toilet seat. Men! Shucking on her dressing gown, Stacey headed to the door.

 

‘Hey Chase, it’s Steph, I’m just calling to remind you of our date tonight. Can’t wait to see you.’ Keep dreaming. Chase Dunlop thought as he heard the answering machine beep. Grabbing his car keys from beside the answering machine, he grabbed his coat and scarf. There was no way he was going on a date tonight. Despite what most people thought, Chase wasn’t looking for The One, he was just looking for a normal, relaxed, easy going girlfriend. None of that bullshit about calling every five minutes to remind him how much they loved him, no calls at four in the morning saying ‘I can’t sleep because I’m thinking of you.’ He just wanted a girl who would sit there. Kinda like a blow up doll. Not that Chase was into that, but that was his metaphor. She had to be able to sit beside him, watch baseball and just be quiet. Get a beer if he asked for one, fill up the chips for him. Yeah, that sounded pleasant.

Reaching for the door handle he looked back at his apartment. Perfect. Closing the door behind him, he swung around and literally toppled over a soggy, wet, blue bundle.

 

"What now?" Chase asked as he sat back on his haunches, looking down at his neighbour from downstairs. And by the looks, she was pretty pissed, ‘what’s new?’ Chase thought.

"Well Good morning to you too!" Stacey Martin scolded as she shoved at his chest, trying to stand up.

"Morning Stace, What were you after?"

"Hot water would be nice. Seriously Chase, you have lived her what…?"

"A year and a bit-"

"And how many times have I had to come up here and yell at you. Seriously how long do you spend in the shower each morning? Do you do this on purpose?"

"As a matter of a fact yes, I do. I just get so turned on when your bitching at me Stace. God, and you turn up here in that sexy as hell robe, flashing bare skin. My day isn’t complete until I’ve seen your beautiful face every morning."

Stacey looked down at her robe, pulling the lapels together with one hand, tightening the belt with the other. God she hated Chase Dunlop. He was so…so…arrogant, so egotistical. Ha! He probably wouldn’t even be able to spell the damn word. The egomaniac!

"Jerk!" Stacey said as she grabbed him by the front of his suit and shoved him against the door. Chase was much taller than her and probably double her weight, but he fell back against the door with a thud, nonetheless.

"I swear to god, if I come up here one more morning to yell at you about hot water, I will change the locks!" Stacey growled, squaring him with a glare. A smile slipped across his lips and up one side of his cheek.

"Wow, you must have practiced since last week. You look real tough Missy." Chase laughed in her face.

With a twist, Stacey was against the door, Chase’s face so close she could smell the aftershave on his cheeks and throat. So strong she nearly choked and vomited. "You change the locks, I break into your apartment."

"You wouldn’t dare." Stacey tried an intimidating voice, but it came out on a gasp.

"I would." He smiled his crooked smile again and let her slide down the door. "Cya round Stace."

"Damnit! It’s Stacey to you! You, you…Neanderthal!"

"It’s Chase darlin’." He laughed as he headed down the stairs and out the front door.

Stacey patted her cheeks, they were flushed, burning up. Maybe she could call in sick from work.



© 2010 Vanessa


Author's Note

Vanessa
tell me honestly what you think
minus grammar, punctuation and spelling
thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is a very good first chapter to a story. Some paragraph spacing would have been nice but the dialog was good and I already have a feel for the characters. Good job, keep writing:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 15, 2010
Last Updated on May 15, 2010


Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

Victoria, Melbourne, Australia



About
I like music, books and movies. Music: Anything alternatvie, that most people have never heard of like the summer set, this century etc. etc. I also like some sorts of Country Music. Books: If You.. more..

Writing