Anti-coffee

Anti-coffee

A Story by vedant khandelwal
"

A horror-cum-mystery themed erotica thriller.

"

My dazed conscience wanted some answers. I squinted at the bright window encrusted with frost. I could tell that it was raining snowflakes and was kinda cold outside. I looked at the mug of steaming black-coffee on the window sill. Its silhouette against the bright light made me ponder on how nature encourages irony. Blood trickled off my nose and tinkled onto the floor with a sound that prompted that there already was a pool of blood at the spot. I tried getting up from the chair but couldn’t, to no surprise, as my wrists were tied to the chair’s arms and my feet to its legs. I gave up trying to stand and looked around to take in my surroundings. It was mostly dark and all I could make out was that I was in a huge warehouse with cardboard boxes all around me piled up to the corrugated metal ceiling.

A gush of bitterly cold wind made me shiver, making it clear that there indeed was an opening somewhere in the dark corners. Footsteps. Maybe somebody had walked in through a door bringing in a gush of cold air, a door that did not creak, noted. The footsteps drew closer and I started to hear faint crooning. I should have been afraid, for whatever was approaching wasn’t going to be fun, but you know how they say too much physical pain can make you go numb; I had become numb. I eagerly waited for the host to reveal themselves make some introductions.

Enter ghost.                           

The ghost! It occurred to me like Presque vu giving way to epiphany. I suddenly remembered what had happened.

 

******************

 

I was 20, good-looking, fairly built and invincible. My entire world was made up of curiosity, philosophy and adventure. I had strong opinions about everything and was kind of a rebel. I liked to read, read about anything that could be read, learn as much as I could. I wrote short horror-themed stories for a fortnightly publication. I had always had an artist-like lifestyle. Some people declared me downright crazy, others simply god-worshipped me.

Barely being able to sleep at night and drinking lots of coffee were just some of my weird habits. My lonely nights were almost always accompanied by anxiety and restlessness. I remember I never believed in ghosts or God or any such supernatural being, even as a kid. I found the idea ridiculous, so I naturally wasn’t afraid of the dark, or �"what people call- uneasy emptiness of a lone surrounding. Horror movies or books or even the scariest creepy pastas couldn’t manage to spook me. This set me apart from the rest of the children in the group, and I was pretty proud of it.

With time (as I grew up), I had discovered that physical exercise or maybe just any sort of physical movement gave me peace from all of my psychological disturbances. So, to calm myself into sleep every night, I would leave home and take long walks to places quiet and deserted. Moreover, walking also helped me clear my mind and channel my thoughts towards specific stuff that I wanted to ponder over. When I was worried about something, I would walk. To plan the next day, I would walk. To think of a story to write, I would walk.

It was like any other night, except that it came with a terrible rainstorm. I was getting quite restless just lying there in my bedroom with nothing to do besides listening to the constant monotonous patter of the rain. So, I quietly slid from under my girlfriend’s bare body, put on my clothes and drove over to a deserted parking lot, to enjoy my usual stroll. It was huge and well-lit, except for the occasional flickering overhead light here or there. With a Marlborough dangling between my lips, I wandered the aisles between endless rows of cars on either side, desperately stressing for a story idea. There was no sign of any human being around, and I liked that. Human attention made me self-conscious. I imagined a world without humans, just me and machines and computers. I even vaguely considered turning the idea into a novel, but being the procrastinator I was, I brushed it aside for later. I wondered if I would ever make it onto the shelf of a real bookstore, if Amazon would ever feature me in the top 10 bestselling books, if I would ever be asked to sign a copy of my book for a fan.

It was just as I was starting to take pleasure in my fantasy, my peripheral vision suddenly caught a swift movement in the reflection on a car’s shining bonnet to my right. Instinctively spinning my head around and a rather remarkable sight lay before me. Not too far behind was a girl walking in my direction. I turned around again and casually resumed walking, to not look weird. I had noticed that she walked quite gracefully; too gracefully. I slowed down enough to let her overtake me. A few seconds later she passed me and the sight was sumptuous. Those black tights wrapped around her perfect legs gorgeously and hugged her promisingly bulging a*s. Please don’t judge me, everybody is a pervert.

It had been three months since I first discovered this cozy parking lot and had never encountered anyone this late at night at this unusual location. And although it was strange for anyone to be around at this hour my paranoia didn’t last long against my lust. I figured that the girl was probably just an insomniac like me who had come here looking for a nice long walk and didn’t have much of a choice as it was raining outside.

“Hey!” I approached from behind. “Excuse me”

She turned around and removed her headphones. Her heavenly curves and alluring face would put Aphrodite to shame. All the stimuli overwhelmed my prefrontal cortex and I ended up asking a really stupid question.

“Aren’t those Sony Walkman W Series?”

“Worst conversation starter ever”, she mocked. I realized the headphones were blaring music so loud I could almost make out the song. How the hell did she even hear me the first time?

“So, do you live around here?” I tried my luck.

 

******************

 

And it turned out that wasn’t so bad a conversation starter. About an hour, a couple joints and a few miles later, we were at her place and she was down on her knees with my c**k in her mouth. She was good, like extremely skilled. I mean why doesn’t the entire world live like this, without any strings; it would definitely be more fun. And if your partner doesn’t find out that you’re screwing someone else, you aren’t cheating, simple as that!

After the main course, the “beast with two backs”-as Shakespeare called it, collapsed on the bed, breathing heavily because of the intense labor.

“What’s your name?”

“Let’s have you name me, a name that only you know me by.”

“When you suddenly materialize behind people in the middle of the night, the first thing they call you is a ghost” I teased.

“Then ghost it is” She winked.

“Can I bum a smoke?”

She smiled those sparkling teeth of hers and pulled out a pack of Marlborough from the bedside drawer.

“That’s my brand!” I kissed the cute mole on her temple.

“What a coincidence, right?” She said after she lit one for herself and got her naked form up from the bed “Hey, do you want coffee?”

“Yeah, sure”

She turned and left the room and I watched her flesh jiggle all the way down the lobby. I was harder than concrete.

I never tasted the coffee though.

 

********************************

 

Back at the warehouse, I was boiling with rage.

“SO WHAT IS THIS ABOUT, HUH?” I shouted at the top of my lungs. “JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY AND LET ME GO!”

“Oh! You still don’t get it.” She sounded amused and impatient at the same time “I don’t want anything, it’s about what you want from me”

“Stop playing games with me” I uttered through gritted teeth, practically shaking with frustration.

“Please don’t hate me baby”. She stepped closer to me and shone her perfect teeth, and well, they didn’t look so beautiful now.

“Trust me, I am here because of you, because you needed me, and I always will be here for you, every time” She kissed me and placed a Marlborough between my teeth “Thank me later.”

Wait! Every time? Something clicked inside my brain and she seemed to notice. Right! Every f*****g time!

“God, Finally! You see?” She heaved a sigh of relief and asked, “Now tell me, do you want coffee?”

“Coffee, yes!” I stammered, dropping the cigarette from my mouth, the exhaustion of the ordeal finally taking over.

 

***********************

 

It was not the alarm clock but the sunlight that woke me up. My head was throbbing.

“Good morning”, my girlfriend moaned sleepily. “You sleep alright?”

“Not really, it’s just the migraine”

“Okay, I’ll get you some coffee”

I kissed the cute mole on her temple and she left the room.

It feels good to be loved.

I pulled out a Marlborough from the bedside drawer and lit it between my lips.

Walking gave me an amazing story to write once again.

I lifted the lid of my Macbook and turned it on.

Not all fiction is imaginary.

I started typing.

© 2017 vedant khandelwal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good read, and worth the rating. Title still confuses me a little. I read the parts with the coffee, but still a little blurred on the understanding of the title.
Anywho, it's written very well. I applaud that.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

vedant khandelwal

6 Years Ago

I wanted to convey a sense of irony with the title. By the way thanks for the review, highly appreci.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 12, 2017
Last Updated on May 12, 2017
Tags: horror, mystery, erotica, thriller, story, ghost, sex, beauty, night, insomnia, smoking, cigarette, lonely