The Power of Mindfulness

The Power of Mindfulness

A Poem by veracity
"

Describes the frustration that may occur given some deep thought towards humanity's current state.

"

Solving your issues in my free time… global catastrophes and endless tragedies that I solve mid rhyme. Society is ill, looking hot but you’ve missed a spot. I can see the truth behind the veil of humanity. Enemies they are all one. Evil tricks you. Spreading itself so thin that it appears on every chin. Reality shows exact-holy who it might be. Influence so corruptive, history, the greatest seer, is tainted. The world that we all live in, seeing it on the TV, out the window; it’s all painted. Society lies truths to you and tells you that’s what’s normal. Well even if it were I would only want that for the short term. I try to humanize myself… not to bridge gaps where there are none. We are all human, globalizing is the path down which confusion shall lead you astray. Asunder you will fall, on a seemingly endlessly wide ranging field of opinions, creeds, and beliefs. What is truth? Truth is what you know you want. What you know everybody wants. It is simpler than selfishness yet more complex than all personalities. Unbeknownst to us the face of darkness and yet at the podium it speaks through the mouth’s of our leaders. We do not question it but rather our individual selves… Blasphemy.

© 2015 veracity


Author's Note

veracity
Please let me know your thoughts. This was written by me a few years ago when my writing was still not as collected and concise. I will post more recent things soon if people enjoy my work!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A poignant free verse piece that will resonate with many

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Added on August 9, 2015
Last Updated on August 9, 2015
Tags: Globalization, Racism, Rhyme, History, Realism, Cynical, Deep, Thought, Frustration, Humanity

Author

veracity
veracity

New York, NY



Writing