An Explanation

An Explanation

A Chapter by Amber dawn

        My heart stopped and time slowed down. Why would they accuse me of such things? I didn't do them HE did. Of course they didn't know about HIM. HE was just a ghost able to blame everything HE did on whoever HE chose. HE of course chose to blame me to torture me, I'm the one who got away. Of course HE could walk in at anytime and kill me right now, but that was too quick, too simple for HIM. HE had to torture me, until HE found my daughter. She would then be HIS target and HE would kill me off mercilessly, but HE would do it instead of making me live with the pain, and the burden of all the crimes HE has committed over He knows how long. I had to find my daughter, tell her all I know. Somehow I have to do this. I have to save her, she is my life, and she is the only one who can break the curse. I couldn't but maybe my daughter, the daughter of a cursed girl and the one burdened to carry out the curse, she can do it. Then it came to me.
        "I know you won't believe me, but it wasn't me. You're German right? That's where your accent is from correct? Do you believe in curses? In demons?"
         "I don't believe and yes my accent is from Germany. I know curses are real, and that demons are too, but you can't blame this on either. You're fingerprints, hair, and blood was all over the victims we found. There is no possible way that you did not murder them. I mean Jesus Christ all of them bodies torn apart, decapitated heads, and limbs, and such all thrown in a large pit in the ground. The blood from them seeped into the ground. In that area the ground was muddy from the blood it had absorbed. Also, all the flowers and such turned blood red. Don't you feel a little bit of regret or remorse? We have no clue how you did it... Would you like to inform me? Or tell me whatever you believe, however I will stick to facts and not some make believe curse."
         "No I don't feel regret I didn't do those things!" Shudders ran through my body as my head painted a perfect picture of what the bodies looked like. "I can tell you who did it though, and I can explain everything... But there has to be something in return for me. No matter what evidence you have my daughter is not down there. She is alive otherwise I wouldn't be. Everything I tell you, you have to write down. Get it published into a book. I will dedicate it to my daughter put it under fiction for all I care, but that is what I ask in return. I have to tell her, I never got the chance she's still so young, too young to have to deal with this curse and everything that comes with it, but I have to tell her. In return you will get a story that is entirely true, and will justify everything you believe in."
             "I can handle that. I will do what you request, heck this might turn into a good time, a story to tell my kids. I'm telling you now though, I'm not going to believe anything you say until you can give me solid proof."
              "Okay this curse started a long time ago, back before settlers or should I say Columbus came here." Tears filled my eyes as I recalled a story with so much pain, so much hurt that people would barely be able to stand reading it, and yet it is the majority of my life. All I wanted to know was why me? Why couldn't I be normal? Better yet why couldn't my daughter be normal? She deserves a life without this pain. That's what I was doing right? Telling my story to get it to her, to prepare her, to help her, or was I doing this to ease my mind? To take the burden off my chest, to rid myself of these bottled up memories.



© 2014 Amber dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

other than a few minor punctuation errors and formatting issues (tab spacing), its a good story. I would definitely A rough diamond. This is definitely a good start.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 23, 2014


Author

Amber dawn
Amber dawn

Writing
A Girl A Girl

A Poem by Amber dawn


Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Amber dawn


The Beginning The Beginning

A Chapter by Amber dawn