The Conundrum of Life

The Conundrum of Life

A Poem by Vidya Bacchus
"

Sometimes we need to appreciate the little things.

"

                              The Conundrum of Life                    
Is'nt it ironic,
Don't you think?
The way people tend to know,
The exact solution to your problems,
While their life is in ruins at their feet,
Apparently they can solve your dilemma,
While their's need not be addressed.

 

Don't you think it's puzzling?
How someone is your friend,
Until the very second that you need them,
When they too cast condemning glances,
In your direction without giving you a hearing?
Eager to belong ,
They willingly stab you in the back,

 

Is'nt it astounding?
How lonely you can be,
In a crowd of those that love you
But who never notice the tears.
Storming down your face,
Closing their eyes, ignorance is bliss
Well they must indeed be ecstatic,

 

But is'nt it redeeming to see a baby's smile?
His laughter the sweetest music,
That no musician can compose,
His presence a rare treasure,
Harboured in your arms,
His existence a wonderous thing to behold,
In a world where innocence is a needle in a haystack..

© 2013 Vidya Bacchus


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I particularly liked the first stanza, mostly because it is the one I most relate to. The people who look down on others for failing to keep their lives under control are often even greater offenders. Umm, you may also want to check over this for the typo of 'Isn't' instead of 'Is'nt', since it is consistently done, I dunno if it was on purpose or not.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you I do have to fix that ,I always put my apostrophe in the wrong place lol



Reviews

oh, Vid! what a delightful read! those things are certainly ironic, puzzling and astounding. and you are so right! the last stanza is truly the cherry on the cake. don't you wish sometimes your children never grew up? well, minus the diapers, of course.
one thing: did you mean "streaming" down your face instead of "storming"?
great writing Vid!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

Haha yes storming it is but thank god its not hailing taxis yes :)
Woody

9 Years Ago

lol would be terrible!!!
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

True very true :)
I particularly liked the first stanza, mostly because it is the one I most relate to. The people who look down on others for failing to keep their lives under control are often even greater offenders. Umm, you may also want to check over this for the typo of 'Isn't' instead of 'Is'nt', since it is consistently done, I dunno if it was on purpose or not.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you I do have to fix that ,I always put my apostrophe in the wrong place lol
This is outstanding Vidya, I especially like how you wrapped it up with that last stanza, and exactly to all!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you Freida your words always make me smile and keeps me ever encouraged:)
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

My pleasure Vidya, this one really resonated with me. :-)
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Awwww........:)
This is so fantastic, witty, smart, everything. So glad I grabbed it just before bed. BTW read my "armchair quarterback" seems like you and I have similar "friends" :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you KL.I will do that:)
A talented and well written piece that allows me to dwell in the mind of a great poet, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Your words have made me very happy .Thank you Thomas :)
The last stanza of this poem is one that could stand alone and it drew me in. There is nothing quite as wonderful as holding a baby in your arms and feeling his hand grasp your finger. Nothing as charming as the cooing and the first toothless smiles. To watch as a child sees his first balloon or first flower and to see the enchantment in his eyes...yes, that is pure innocence and it is quite rare.

The rest of your poem proves you are a wise woman who understands the human condition. Unfortunately, there are far too many who do not understand what a true friend is. When someone you consider a friend does not stand by you in tough times, wound is deep and painful. Other people seem to think they understand exactly what you are going through and their advice is so often off the mark. Yup, that's life....and it certainly is a conundrum. Wonderful work here. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Your words always are so wise and encourage me so much.Thank you Lydi:)
very very true..
simple but deep lines..
exactly what I feel!
keep up vidya..!


Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you Richa I will try unless inspiration deserts me lol:)
Richa Verma

10 Years Ago

......:):)
Loved it. Well written. I could relate to real life situation.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much:)
I don't know what to write into the review but i'd love doing this ... have a look
"Claps for you!" You've praise the beauty, the kindness, the truth, the purity of women in your words, you've also expressed here that through how much pain women pass when the men use 'em only for their joys .. you've expressed here how much pain, hurt women got when the men takes 'em there underneath and hurt their body only for their nights.. to make their nights but never realize that what they do is not what women want, women want too making nights but now in that way men's made, not in those ways which they pass through the pain, not in any kinda pressure at all but with the free will, own consent.

Now your this beautiful through-provoking write force me doing writing some thoughts of mine, i hope you'll do agree ... have a look!

1st... A Man wants joy, so does woman
2nd... A Man wants seeing her in his nights, so does woman
3rd... A Man needs making a life better living with a woman, so does woman
4th... A Man needs some hugs from woman to get some relax from his stress, so does woman
5th... A Man hurts her body and spoil her life only for their joy so does she really??????????????????????????????
6th... A Man pushes her onto the bed puts her under his body and brings tears on her beautiful face so does she really???????????????????
7th... A Man locks the door hits onto her face force her to do what she doesn't wanna do ... so, does she really????????????????/

No..never!

As a men've got some fire (as Neon) women've got more fire than men to feel the breathe of love but women never do what a sucking men do ... Men want women so women do but what a women do want men can never understand the clue. Women want relief, safety, peace, smoothness, smile and joy (what 'Neon' gives them) and the bad men want to give them pain, hurt, tears (and that's what "Neon" hates)...

.... For an instance, if angels want "Neon" then "Neon" won't disrespect 'em, if the angels wants 'Neon' to see with them .. then again "Neon" won't ignore them but if Neon wishes seeing them onto his bed at night and use them for the time then "Neon" will smash the mirror standing in front of it because "Neon" is not born to spoil lives of angels but giving them pleasure and that's exactly angels want from "Neon"....

OMG!
Vidya! Please... don't scratch my back!
I know am hot but please don't be wild and hey, please don't fry some chicken on my body!
OMG! Hey! Are ya listening to me??
Please don't pierce your sharp nails into my back and please don't bite my ears so hard!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Hahaha you funny guy.But your words are very wise.Men who treat women badly are evil.You should not .. read more
Neon

10 Years Ago

Oh S**t!
Crap!

How i can let the chance go from my hands to have your scratches i.. read more
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Well for peace sake lol.Kisses for you!!!
You have exemplified diverging conditions in converging circumstances of life with literary brilliance.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

Hahah that is funny and your disease sounds not at all terrible ,but very good sense.Thank you again.. read more
Rehan Roy

10 Years Ago

May be due to my spectacles. haha. Thanks for your reply.:)
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

677 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 9, 2013
Last Updated on December 9, 2013
Tags: ignorance, bliss, ecstatic, ironic

Author

Vidya Bacchus
Vidya Bacchus

point fortin, Trinidad and Tobago



About
I am usually a very happy person.I love writing ,I try to write what I feel. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..