Blankets and Cappucino

Blankets and Cappucino

A Poem by ghost
"

something I jotted down in a notebook at work really that some online site somewhere thought was good enough to publish, and send me a certificate for. I am proud of my short and fleeting thought.

"

I had a nightmare yesterday, and awoke with a chill

like winter's nut turned solid stone against virgin daffodils

It left a fearful sorrow in this dome I call my head

so I kissed my thoughts of sleep goodbye

and set fire to my bed

© 2008 ghost


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it. I particularly like the contrast of winter's chill and fire to the bed. I like the connection you made between how your nightmare was icy and to destroy it, you sent a tortuous flame which I imagine was a representation of either your anger or discomfort with the nightmare. Also, the virgin daffodils add a delicate touch, maybe to remind the reader of the gentleness of how dreams are supposed to be; and the winter nut turning to stone, the stone a solid dark nightmare damaging the bed of soft daffodils, it all works for me. Wonderful job. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 21, 2008

Author

ghost
ghost

Barksdale AFB, LA



About
I write...and sometimes, it's because it feels like it's all I can do... I was born in Lawton, OK. ( a place for me that has never been home.) I was immediately thrust to Europe, and settled in Italy.. more..

Writing