Are you Insane? Chapter Two: Madder than the Hatter Himself

Are you Insane? Chapter Two: Madder than the Hatter Himself

A Chapter by Violaeatalt3
"

Chapter Two for Are you Insane?

"

**Advertisement** Okay so I know I said I wasn't going to do a lot of these note things, but I just wanted to say, Read AliceIsIn's stories they are freaking amazing and I love them*

 

Chapter 2- Madder than the Hatter Himself


 As soon as we walked through the huge ornate doors We were met by who I'm guessing was the receptionist, or secretary of some sort. Wow, they were really being cliché with the overly peppy, stiletto wearing , blonde. She announced herself as Crystal; wow, what a lovely name, and she asked us to follow. I couldn't help but gag at the cloud of Baby Phat that followed here wherever she stepped. She lead us through the lounge down a hallway with expensive looking paintings and portraits of random men and women, who I can only guess are important to this place in some way. I wasn't paying too much attention to where I was going and soon bumped into my dad. I looked around and noticed we were now standing in front of a mahogany door with a nameplate that read "Dr. Daniels. Head of Institution." Cool another doctor. She knocked three times and waited until she hear an O.K. from the other side. She opened the door for us and allowed us to enter. I had to hold my breath while walking past her. You know when your walking through a store's perfume section and it's headache inducing scents fry your brain cells? That's her. Anyways as soon as we were all in she shut the door quietly and left. Dr. Daniels stood up to shake mine and my parents' hands. He was pretty hot for a doctor. He had this short brown hair and a matching goatee. Now I 'm not a big fan of facial hair but it was sexy on him. He had brown eyes and stood at about 6'5. He was wearing this clean cut black suit and looked absolutely terrifying. I sat down timidly and tried not to look him directly in those gorgeous eyes. I wasn't paying attention through out the entire meeting. I was busy looking at all the degrees he had on his wall. They probably meant many important things but I didn't know nor did I care that much to be honest. I looked back at him, He looked to be no older than twenty. As I was pondering this I heard him saying that his father had another meeting with the board of Directors or something to go to. Ah. So this was the doctors son. As soon as I think it doesn't get any better I receive this news. He smiled at my parents before turning his attention to me.
"Why don't I ask Crystal to take you to your new room? You can get settled while I go over the boring details with your parents," he suggested smiling slightly.
"Yeah. S-sure," I answered incoherently. Damn now he thinks I'm retarded. Smooth. He chuckled lightly before calling Crystal in. I stood up and grabbed my bags. My parents told me they'd see me soon and I followed her out the door.
 We walked down the seemingly endless amount of hallways, passing many doors before stopping at one with the number 36 on it. Great the only freaking number that freaks me out is my room. Thanks Doc, that means a lot. She opened the door and stepped aside for me to enter. The first thing I noticed was all the pictures posted on the walls. There were tons of drawings ranging from portraits to landscapes. My room mate was an amazing freaking artist. Pictures aside the room was pretty bland. Two small beds on either side of the room. Two desks, two small dressers, two windows. The room was perfectly symmetrical. The girl who was my room mate, was at one of the desks on what I'm assuming is her side of the room. Crystal cleared her throat and the girl's head snapped up.
"Yes Barbie?" She asked with feigned respect.
"Hello Marie. This is your new room mate-" she broke of allowing me to fill in the blank.
"Nicole. I'm Nicole," I answered with what I hoped was a friendly smile. She smiled back and returned her attention to Crystal.
"You can go back to pining over Ken now. Buh-bye" She said with a fake smile. Crystal gave a little huff but did no arguing. I looked back to Marie. She was a petite girl with pixie cut blonde hair and blue streaks. She wore glasses and had gorgeous blue eyes. When I noticed I was rudely staring, I grabbed my bag and sauntered over to my bed. I pulled out the few belongings I had brought with me which include a few pictures, my purple blanket, iPod, laptop, and a few books. After I had situated my clothes in the dresser, I turned to put my laptop and books on my desk, when I saw Marie sitting on her bed staring at me. I smiled awkwardly and continued to situate my stuff. After I finished  I stood there for a  minute before jumping on my bed to stare at the ceiling, something I did whenever I needed to think. On the ceiling I had put up my favorite poster. It was of a skeletal looking man with his chest bursting. It sounds weird but it makes me think he's letting his soul free or something. But I'm insane. So I could be terribly mistaken. I was thinking about my past. Something great to think about right? Well, I wasn't always crazy. I was one of those happy go lucky, carefree kids. I wasn't crazy. I even had a best friend. Her name was Morghan and we were inseparable. We were best friends for about eleven years. She died almost a year ago.  That could be a reason for my insanity, who really knows?  All I do know is that she was probably the only thing good that ever came into my life. She was like the real sister I never had but always wanted. One of those people who put everyone before herself, didn't have a mean bone in her body, and listened to you no matter what you were talking about. Then she was taken away from me. As I was reminiscing about old times I didn't notice Marie trying to talk to me.
"Hello! Nicole are you in there?" She said rather loudly.
"Yeah sorry just thinking." She just smiled sadly like she knew what I was thinking about.
"It gets easier, I promise. I've been in here for...Six years," she said with a bright smile.
"What are you in for?" I asked feeling as if I should be wearing an orange jumpsuit.
"Derealization, Schizophrenia, some other complex thing," She answered not looking the least bit fazed.
"Well we have one thing in common," I said with a laugh which she joined in on.
"Come on. Enough about depressing insanities. I'm going to show you around this swanky place," She said while grabbing my arm and practically dragging myself off my bed and out the room.
"Where are we going?" I asked after successfully removing my arm from her death grip.
"We are going to introduce you to some awesome people. Or, as awesome as you can get in a place like this," She said with a laugh. I looked down at my wrist to check the time. Freak. 11:00. Lovely conversation time. At least they stick to a somewhat routine schedule. And it seems their right on time.
"Hey... I-I have to go back to the r-room. You go ahead I'll meet up with you later," I said in a fast panic as I rushed back the way we came. As I reached the room I dropped to my knees and crawled to the corner of the room near my bed. I just sat there shaking and rocking back and forth. They were here, they were talking, they want me to listen, they want me to act. I was blabbering incoherently and I didn't notice Marie and two other girls I didn't know come in. By this time I was crying profusely and clawing at my ears.
"They are singing. Th-they want me to listen to their music. I don't want to listen. It makes me do things. B-Bad things, very bad things. I don't want to do bad things, but they won't stop singing. Nothing makes them go away. They talk and talk, and sing bad songs that make me do bad things I don't want to do, but they won't stop. They never stop," I was blubbering and clawing at my ears trying to make them go away, but they just won't they stay and even if they do go they linger in the corners of my mind waiting to come out again. I closed my eyes knowing that any second the shadows would come. The shadows, they whisper to me. The sing to me at night. I'm the only one that hears them. I often hum along  and people think I'm crazy, but what more can they expect from an insane person? I opened my eyes wearily and there they were. The black shadows with their creepy yellow eyes waiting for my like they always do. Like I said there's no way to get rid of them they really are like shadows, following you around everywhere. They were just standing there staring at me. I closed my eyes and shook my head furiously. Marie came over to me and started hugging me trying to calm down. I opened my eyes again and instead of Marie, there was an evil shadow holding me. I screamed and backed away into the wall hugging my knees to my chest and rocking back and forth.  Slowly the voices started to fade and the music stopped. I opened my eyes to find the other two girls looking freaked out, and Marie kneeling next to me. I dragged my hand across my forehead and noticed I was sweating.
"I'm okay, just a little episode. It happens about every three days at around eleven. I'll try to stay away around that time. I don't want to freak you out any more than necessary," I said trying to lighten the mood. But really what can you do after you've just watched someone have a mental breakdown? Marie seemed to understand and stood up to introduce the two girls.
"This is Christine," She said while pointing to the girl of medium height, with brown eyes, and short strawberry blonde hair. "She's in here for Fregoli Delusion. And This is Brianna," This time pointing  to the tall girl with shoulder length black hair and brown eyes. "She's in here for her Anorexia Nervosa."
"Hey guys, I'm Nicole sorry you had to see that," I said with a small smile. After the introductions we sat and talked for what seemed like hours. For three insane people, they were pretty freaking awesome. I learned that Bri and Chris were room mates on the other side of the hallway. We all loved pretty much the same stuff. At about 1:00 we heard a knock on the door. We were spread across the room and since Marie was the closest one to the door she answered it.
"Hey Ken! What's up?" she asked.
"Nicole's parents want to say goodbye," He answered. Crap. My parents, I totally forgot about them. Ha that goes to show how much I'm going to miss them. Oh well might as well say bye.
"You guys want to come meet the parentals?" I asked hoping they would come. I don't want it to be an awkward farewell. Just as I thought no one would come Bri stood up and said she would, which caused the other two to come as well. We walked down the hallway that I was becoming familiar with, and into the lounge. My parents were sitting there looking as lost as ever. They turned once they heard us coming.
"Hey Nicki. We thought we'd say bye before we left. We're all going to miss you very much," My mom said as she pulled me in for a hug. This was awkward anyways. My parents never hug me so this must really be hard on them. My dad just looked at me and ruffled my hair.
"We're gonna miss you kid," Well, that was heartfelt. Thanks pops. They took one last look before walking off to the car. They may be a little sad now, but we all know that in the end sending their insane daughter away was for the best. I turned back to my new friends.
"Well, I'm hungry who wants to go to the kitchen?" I asked as my stomach growled. They just laughed at me and we all linked arms and skipped down the hallway. What do you expect from four insane teenagers?

 

**"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music."- Angela Monet**



© 2010 Violaeatalt3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on March 5, 2010
Last Updated on March 5, 2010


Author

Violaeatalt3
Violaeatalt3

In the magical world of make believe :), VA



About
i like to Listen to music. i love writing but never think its good enough. i'm the geek of my family. Marching band, Harry Potter, World of Warcraft. Everything. i read until 4 in the morning, wak.. more..

Writing