The choice

The choice

A Story by Kurayami

Robert Blast is a 19 years old painter who lives in Sydney. His lover is Georgina Ramsbottom. She is very friendly. They lived a contented life.
Last week, Robert was invited to a dinner party in New York. Robert had been ecstatic when he got the invitation. He had wanted to go to New York as far as he can remember. Now, getting invited to a dinner party in New York with amazing and well-known artists is what Robert had ever dreamed of wanting. He packed his bags, purchased plane tickets and doing more work shifts to earn more money. His lover, Georgina have been very supportive and helped him to get ready for the trip to New York.
Robert arrived in New York this morning. He hadn't gotten much sleep on the plane. He distastes the colorless walls on the plane and would have given anything to paint the walls a colorful shade. Now, in the city streets of New York, it is not colorless anymore. It's colorful. 
There are people out and about wearing all sorts of clothing. Jeans, t-shirt, jackets, business etc. Robert enjoyed the ride to his hotel. He will be having dinner tonight and he can't wait to attend it.
However, though, he soon found out at the dinner party that the artists are wizards in disguise. They liked to frighten each other with brutal spells. It was a wizard who is one hundred years old who have invited Robert to the dinner party. He wants the wizards to stop frightening each other and work together as a powerful team of wizards. He knows that Robert has what it takes to stop the ongoing unhappiness in the whole wizard community.
The old wizard gave Robert some spells and potions and wished him success then he was gone in the blink of an eye. Robert was stunned. He does not know how to respond. He would never have thought that having a dinner party in New York would change his life.
In the morning, Robert got a message from his lover, Georgina. She wanted him to come home because something have been hurting her. Robert is torn between the wizard community saving mission and helping Georgina defeat the thing that have been hurting her in his absence. What will he do?
If you were Robert, what would you do?

© 2014 Kurayami


Author's Note

Kurayami
This is short for people who doesn't read a lot.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a little, nicely penned story....well I am puzzled to think what I would have done if I was in place of same character...doesn't matter...its nice story... :))


Posted 9 Years Ago


Screw helping people, my wife is calling me, she'll me if I don't come home in 5 minutes. That's probably what robert thought

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kurayami

9 Years Ago

Nice answer, I think.
very interesting short story well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


hahaha ok. i am one of them. interesting story by the way. i would have saved my lover !

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kurayami

9 Years Ago

Nice answer, I think. I think I might have done the same thing, too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2014
Last Updated on August 12, 2014

Author

Kurayami
Kurayami

Hotel Transylvania



About
♪♫♪ more..

Writing
Autumn Autumn

A Poem by Kurayami


Beauty Beauty

A Poem by Kurayami