The Bite

The Bite

A Chapter by Gabbi

The oak tree's branch clawed at the window to my first story bedroom. Rain and hail poured down from the heavens, beating against the roof so hard a could hear it a floor below. My algebra homework lay on my bed, parabolas and points of symmetry dancing across the page in a complex mathematical waltz.
Then the power went out, sending me spiraling into pitch blackness. Thunder crashed and lightning lit up the sky. I grab a flashlight and creep toward the kitchen to get candles and matches. The floor was slick against my socks. Please don't be a flood, I thought to myself.
My parents were out at the movies and my sister, Sarah, was at her friend Breann's house. I lit a couple candles and peeked out at the spooky cemetery across the street, Cemetery Drive, the reason Mom and Dad had gotten this house so cheap. Really, who wants to live across the street from the cemetery? I know I don't.
I walk back into my room and plug my headphones into my iPhone. No service, no 3G, and the WiFi is down. I sink into my Falling in Reverse album, The Drug In Me Is You. "Caught like a fly in the web of your lies, it's truth be told now or it's meet your demise!" the headphones lulled out, drifting me into a dreamless sleep.
*  *  *  *  *  *  *
When I awoke an hour later, it was still storming and my phone was dead. Perfect. The power is still out, so that means charging my phone is out of the question. I walk to the kitchen to grab a granola bar, and I hear the door open and shut, followed by a soft groan. A feminine figure lay on the ground, whimpering. "Breann? Sarah?! Is that you? Are you okay?" I call. A whimper and a feeble "Help..." respond. I rush to her side, but upon closer inspection it is neither Sarah nor Breann. Her dress is tattered and much more formal and old fashioned than what either of them would wear, especially to a slumber party. On top of that, her skin was waxy gray and decaying. "Y-You're not Sarah..." I manage. She looks up at me, her eyes a milky white. "Fooled you," she growls and my front door is knocked down by others like her.
I try to run out the back door and make an escape, but it's no use. They're coming from the back door as well. There's nothing I can do as I am surrounded but scream as they pull my body to the ground and bite into my flesh.
One I had stopped thrashing, the horrid monsters retreated. I was covered in bite marks, and there was a small chunk taken out of my thigh. I mustered enough strength to crawl into my room, lay on my bed, and die.


© 2012 Gabbi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great, Gabbi c:

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 31, 2012
Last Updated on March 31, 2012
Tags: zombie, horror, romance, pain


Author

Gabbi
Gabbi

TX



About
Um..I really love comics, mostly Marvel. I'm a really big dork, basically but all the best people are. I'm in love with the Hunger Games and I write/draw in my spare time. more..

Writing
Derek Derek

A Chapter by Gabbi