ill truly never understand...

ill truly never understand...

A Poem by plainandsimple

ill never truly understand,
why people feel the need
to dress alike
to talk alike
to act alike
to speak alike.
it makes me wonder as to 
what joy there getting from
being the same.
be yourself.
just be yourself.
people try so hard and
stress about stupid little things.
do you.
do what makes you happy.
why are you trying so hard to 
prove yourself to others?
you weren't born a twin for a reason.
your an individual and you were meant
to stand on your own.
dont follow a trend
set it. 
ill truly never understand,
the need to fit in.

© 2013 plainandsimple


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a vestigial trait from our very distant past. Copying what works is the formula for continued survival.

Being original is not inherently constructive in terms of the "safe bet" or longevity in the natural world.

Repeating what works is a natural thing... even when it's all about artificial things. The best animals always gravitate toward successful patterns. It's a form of learning.


Now it's something else, but, the foundations of what brought us here are still alive and well. Evolution is slow with respect to our short lifespans, but we humans are doing it at an accelerated rate overlapping our primitive drives with our modern drives. It's almost imperceptible, but if you allow yourself to observe it neutrally it's pretty obvious.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I definitely agree with this. What's wrong with a little individuality now and then? I know we all have it, some people are just too afraid to show it. Maybe it's because of this: (An old Japanese proverb) A nail that sticks out will get hammered back in. Anyways, cool poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I've never fully understood it either; especially when everyone is so adamant about being different and unique, but then they go all try to be the same. It's a sad reality, but thankfully it's not everyone's reality. It's good to see there's still some people out there willing to be just a little bit different. Good work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


typical human nature, they like to except things as it is...nothing is all they want to do.
they hate science because science never believe without proves....its a different thing...( geeky brain)*)
walking on the same way isn't the best way to live...what's the fun??!!

that was a really impressive one my friend. keep it up.
^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


some people are not strong enough to stand alone. they need others to support them and help make decisions for them.
Don't try to figure it out if you already know how to be yourself. Let them fix themselves or fall on their own.
( check some of your spelling, Your should be "you're" as in You are. there = They're as in They are.
and ill should be: I'll
Love this poem. Trace

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2013
Last Updated on December 2, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Love

A Poem by MsJewel


Windswept Windswept

A Poem by MsJewel


Monsters Monsters

A Poem by MsJewel