Morning

Morning

A Chapter by Rani

The sun had already risen and was creeping lazily into the little boy's room by the time he was beginning to slip away from his dreams and back into reality. As he became aware of the warm tendrils of light caressing his face and pressing against his eyelids, he suddenly remembered that he had awoken to a very special day.
 Immediately, he opened his eyes and began crawling out of his bed. He took great care to sneak through the house quietly, so as not to wake anyone, because he knew they would all still be sleeping. When he reached his oldest sister's bedroom, he opened the door and silently let himself in. He was not surprised to find her sound asleep, but he was still slightly agitated nonetheless. Didn't she know this was a special day? Didn't she care? Wasn't she as excited as he was? 
Despite his frustration, he was sure to gently ease her from her slumber. The little boy rested his arms on the bed, and brought his face close to his sister's ear and whispered, "It's time for you to get up now. Today's a special day, remember!" His sister, halfway between sleep and consciousness, mumbled to him, "But I'm still tired. Can't I sleep for a little while longer? If I don't get enough sleep now, I'll be tired when we go out, and we'll have to cut the adventure short." "No," he said, slightly louder this time, "it's time to get up now. Just open your eyes. You'll see that you're really not tired anymore!"  
Slowly, she opened her eyes and blinked a few times so that they could adjust to the world in front of her. She couldn't help but smile when she saw the beautiful little boy leaning in close to her face. He was so excited, she noticed, that his feet were lightly dancing around on the floor while his upper body was resting on his arms. He smiled back at her, realizing that she was not going to fall asleep again.
"Let's go!" he said, full of energy, as he began to jump up and down. "Well, wait a minute." she said, "Don't you want some breakfast first?" "Oh," he replied, "yeah, we should eat first!" And so he followed his sister up to the kitchen where she fixed a quick meal to allow them to be on their way without dawdling. They both brushed their teeth, and then his sister helped the little boy get dressed before dressing herself. After they packed a bag with things that they thought they might need, they left the house without waking anyone to tell them goodbye. They closed the front door, and set out on their big adventure.


© 2012 Rani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
G!o
This is beautiful and i yearn for more of it. Great writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012


Author

Rani
Rani

Belvedere, SC



Writing
I I

A Chapter by Rani


II II

A Chapter by Rani


III III

A Chapter by Rani