Dawn Chronicles: Prologue

Dawn Chronicles: Prologue

A Chapter by Kat
"

The beginning of an idea wiggling around in my brain-stuffs.

"
I am twenty-three years old and still believe in monsters. Maybe not so much monsters in the typical term. No, most people would refer to them by a much more diabolical term- demons. It seems all my friends stopped believing in such things around the same time they discovered Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were fictional. But not I. No, I still believe in demons. It’s more than a belief; I know they exist.

They might not exist in the usual sense that people imagine. Not all of them are made of fire and brimstone, oozing with sulfurous scent. They aren’t just dancing shadows in the corner of your eye (though a good portion of that kind do like to mess around with your psyche). I’d say the majority of them, at least in this dimension, are well disguised in the form of... oh how do I put this... humans.

These aren’t your typical demons. They are the descendants of what happens when angels decide to copulate with man. Forsaken from God and bound to this earth they inhabit select humans and form a somewhat symbiotic relationship. Not all of the humans inhabited by these nefarious creatures know that they are coexisting in one body with anything, let alone something demonic. Some humans have a slight inkling and are usually diagnosed as being schizophrenic. Others have full knowledge and reveal in the fact.

How do I know all this?

I’m one of the rare breeds. Possessed by one of these creatures and doomed to spend my afterlife burning, I search each day and fight each night to rid myself of this burden. I only hope to find a way out before it’s too late.

In hopes to help people understand and give humanity a fighting chance against this evil, I will do my best to document my journey. It’s going to be a rough ride... this thing inside me doesn’t exactly approve of me releasing it’s secrets to the world.


Lux et Veritas,

Annikki


© 2011 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on September 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011


Author

Kat
Kat

FL



About
A little bit of Stephen Hawking, a little bit of James Bond, a dash of Santa Claus, and a whole lot of just Me. I'll be adding things in slowly. Mostly because the computer I currently have my writing.. more..

Writing
Sold my Soul Sold my Soul

A Poem by Kat


Bad Girl Bad Girl

A Story by Kat


Driving Driving

A Poem by Kat