Through the window to your soul

Through the window to your soul

A Story by The Wallflower

 

You seclude yourself from others, your true color hides behind the surface of your apathy, And when the ray of the sun hits your face, your eyes reflect the mirror to your soul. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of your true self through those grins, and smirks you do whenever you get entertained by the world that seems to be revolving around you.


You have your own little universe inside your head. You entertain yourself through watching and just observing and waiting for the world just to happen in front of you. You are always out there living your life apart from the rest, your wall is too high and I’ve never met a single soul who’s too guarded as you.


 And I guess I cannot blame you for that, what you have inside of you is rare. You possess something so relentless that only you can tame. You never faked perfection and you are never afraid to make mistakes. You have your own ways, and you could not care any less what other people think.


Your words, your thoughts, the way you feel, and the way you move is uniquely genuine. They distinguish you from others. It’s what sets you apart.


You always wore black but posses the most colorful mind. You were always silent but your mind shouted the most deafening scream. You’re not like the others, you’re elegantly obscure and yet you capture the deepest thoughts in the purest and simplest of ways.


I’ve always tried to imagine what is it like living inside your head, navigating through the streets of your mind. Twisting and turning through the halls of your own little world.


And to tell you honestly, I think your mind is a mess. You are a mess. A beautiful mess.


It will be frustrating, frightening and confusing and I just can’t describe how I should feel. But you know what? I really don’t mind. I love the sense of darkness and morbidity of it, the lustful craving for beauty amidst the peculiarity of not knowing what to expect.


I must admit, I’m a little bit scared. I’m scared that I might find the end.


Now tell me, what do you see in the mirror every time you look at yourself in the face? 


Because if you asked me,


Well, let’s just put it this way, you are what you are, and what you are is just amazing.

© 2017 The Wallflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 13, 2017
Last Updated on March 15, 2017

Author

The Wallflower
The Wallflower

Manila City, NCR, Philippines



About
... more..

Writing