La vie

La vie

A Story by The Wallflower

Hold me just like the night before you left. The mixture of sadness and love, where the ocean meets the sand tells us the tale of unsung warriors of true love.


We knew that this would eventually come, but we just didn’t mind. Just like how the ocean water eats up the land, we’ve fought everything and anything that came our way, and it was a hell of a ride. There were ups and there were downs but what’s special about this is that we made it through with love. We refused to let each other go no matter how hard it was and we just held on to the only thing we knew, love.


You were the perfect catch and I just couldn’t grasp the idea of having all of you for me. You were bound to do great things, and I knew that our world was just too small for you to be with me. You were so humble to stay for the longest time but the world has its own ways. That whatever you give to the world will be given back to you, and yes, I gave you my world just to compensate all that you’ve been for me.


How time flew so fast and I can’t believe we’re already here where we are.


Well, I have to say, here is not a place where I want to be, here is the place where we need to go our own ways and never look back to how happy the journey was for you and for me. It was that bittersweet moment that we knew that we made it through, but the hard part is, that this is the end for me and you. This is it. This is the end of our journey. This is the end. It still chokes me up saying those painful words but I know that we just have to move on one step at a time and continue life without each other.  no “if’s”, no “but’s”, no “what”, and no “why”.


We just need to let it be because we both know that this is just how life should and always be.


I’m saying this with all of my heart and pride, we never failed, and that the love was never really gone. This was a success, it just so happen that we didn’t end up in each others arms.


And at last, the unsaid has been said, just like how you put it into words “the song has ended but the memories still lingers on in our head”.


I’ve accepted the fact that “we” were just a phase. A phase so manic, I just don’t want to leave.  You and I both know how much I wanted to stay, and that we just cannot stay this way forever. But yes, after all that has been said, I must admit, I still miss you every single day.


So come here and hold me just like the night before you left. The mixture of sadness and love, where the ocean meets the sand tells us the tale of unsung warriors of true love.


Tell me all that you really are and I’ll keep them safe in the deepest place in my heart. Just let it all out, scream, cry, hate and love. Coz to tell you honestly, I don’t mind the tears that streams from my shoulders to my back. For as long as I know, that at this very second, in this exact moment, when I feel the sand beneath my feet, the cold ocean water washes up against my toes, when I feel your chest pumping against mine, and when your eyes spoke the most beautiful words that only your heart can say …


I know that no matter how big the ocean is, I still breathe the same air you breathe tonight and this moment will be ours for the rest of our lives.

© 2017 The Wallflower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 13, 2017
Last Updated on March 14, 2017

Author

The Wallflower
The Wallflower

Manila City, NCR, Philippines



About
... more..

Writing