Sorrow.

Sorrow.

A Poem by Brittany W

Sorrowful and lonely.

Desperate and loathsome.

She walks down the street, alone.

Nothing but the wind at her side.

She remembers a brighter time.

A time when she was happy and delightful.

Loved and surrounded.

But those times are gone.

Theres no way of gaining it back.

Hes Gone.

Sorrowful and lonely.

Desperate and loathsome.

She walks down the street, and looks up at the dark night sky.

And shes asks, Why?

© 2010 Brittany W


Author's Note

Brittany W
Im new to poetry but im trying, i hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poetry is hard for me because I never know where it's going in the process of writing it. Here, you have a theme: Sorrow. Everyone coming into the poem has a pre-set definition of sorrow. Then you move it in a direction that might not be part of the preconceived notion.

I wonder if after a while people experiencing sorrow stop asking why eventually? This poetry is un-glossed, direct and personal. I'd say you've got the hang of poems. Thanks for a well written thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is quite good for a new writer. Feels like something I would write. I find it quite dark actually. The feeling of always looking back to be happy because the NOW is unlivable. Really good poem here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Incredible... O_O It's impressive for somebody who's new to poetry! =D
Fantastic job, really!
"But those times are gone.
There's no way of gaining it back.
He's Gone."
So very sad, yet beautiful to read... Fantastic job...
Each line fits perfectly!

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's a sad poem. It's beautifully written and has a dark and lonely aura, as the person walks alone in the empty streets . Excellent.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this was simple yet full of pain and longing. it feels dark and desolate, with no chance of hope or happiness. I liked it, good write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think it's wonderful. The only things I wonder about are line four, which seems like it has a few extra words (to this old man's ear) I might have tried ...

"Only the wind at her side."

Also, the word loathsome ... is that the word you want? Is she contemptible, repulsive? Or is she feeling great contempt? This might be EXACTLY the word that you want ... I'm just asking. If it IS the right word then I have a better understanding of your poem. If it's NOT the word that you wanted ... maybe that word is "morose" or "resentful".

I'm no expert, but I offer these humble thoughts for a poem which I very much enjoyed. (95)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

138 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 19, 2010

Author

Brittany W
Brittany W

MI



About
Add me on Tumblr, even if we dont talk :) http://bbrittanylynn.tumblr.com/ Hey, my names Brittany and im pretty easy going, i love reading which is probably the main reason i love to write. Anyw.. more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by Brittany W


Battles Battles

A Poem by Brittany W



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


what I want what I want

A Poem by Emily B