Sadness returns

Sadness returns

A Poem by whatrachelwrites
"

a feeling some may be able to relate too.

"
Like a forgotten about character 
in a crap but easy to watch TV show
Like a Monday morning after a restless Sunday nights sleep. 

Like a bad smell you thought you had scrubbed away, you leave the flat and return; it smacks you in the face. You don't even care anymore. You are too tired to try and get rid of it again. 

Sadness like when the party is over, the party that you danced, laughed and made plans and promises with strangers. Returning home alone with nothing but an aching feeling of shame. 

Sadness returns.....
Like the spot on your chin you had spent so much time touching, staring at, applying overly expensive treatments to try and clear up thinking if you had a blemish free face it might make you happy. It doesn't. 

Sadness like a sequel to your most cherished book, just to realise it was a rushed money making opportunity for the author. They have killed your favourite author along with your love for the first novel. 

Early January
The dark misty mornings after the exciting festivities. The hope of a new year; you have broken your resolutions and broke your own heart. 

Sadness returns. It was never really gone. We weigh ourselves down with distractions but sadness always weighs back in. 

© 2021 whatrachelwrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It never really left
Nicely done
Good thing is you broke your own heart
So you can fix that
Excellent write
Even great sadness can produce something special

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
1 Review
Added on January 14, 2021
Last Updated on January 14, 2021
Tags: poetry, comingofage, poets, sadness

Author

whatrachelwrites
whatrachelwrites

EDINBURGH, United Kingdom



About
28 year old female from Scotland. short poems, prose and ramblings. @whatrachelwrites on instagram. more..

Writing