Inferno

Inferno

A Story by Hatake
"

From the point of view of a suicide bomber.

"

You grow up with whispers hissed in your ear. Dark things, terrible things. You grow up surrounded by hate. It festers and grows in your heart. All you know is anger, and fear.

You turn thirteen. A new man comes, and tells you of duty, and honor, and glory. To go out in a beautiful fiery blast, he says, would be the best way to die. And you believe him.

Your life is but a tool for the great gods above, and below. Your body is but a medium for justice to be carried out. You are nothing. This you know.

When the time comes, you climb aboard a plane. Your fingers twitch in helpless anticipation for what is to come. You are both afraid and excited. The flight begins.

Later as you descend through the clouds, you can hear shouts behind you. A scuffle ensues. It is no matter. You are focused on the one task to be completed. Your last act.

The tower draws nearer. Your hands shake, but you continue. You are very, very afraid, and very, very excited. This will fulfill your duty. This will prove your honor. This will bring you glory.

You only have time to hear an indescribable noise- a boom and a crack and everything in between- and catch a glimpse of brilliant flaming red, before you know no more.





© 2016 Hatake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on April 24, 2016
Last Updated on April 24, 2016
Tags: 9/11

Author

Hatake
Hatake

MN



About
Hey, I'm a 'blossoming' writer from Minnesota. I'm not quite up to the level of a published author yet. I joined to get some more experience. more..

Writing
What is time? What is time?

A Poem by Hatake


Freeze Freeze

A Poem by Hatake