get off your high horse

get off your high horse

A Story by Hatake
"

You're just a-

"

"I am the one who creates joy and peace." The girl walks closer. "I am the one who relieves suffering and brings relief. I am the light in a world of darkness."

"No." The girl ignores him and leans forward.

"I am the diamond in a sea of sand. I am your only hope on this cursed planet."

"You're not." Her crystalline eyes narrow threateningly.

"I am the wind under your wings."

"You're just a girl," he spits out. "A delusional one, at that."

"No!" she shrieks suddenly. "You're wrong! I am the embodiment of kindness! I am perfection incarnate!"

"You are a girl with problems!" he shouts back.

The girl screams, and reaches for him. "You should love me! I'm beautiful and nice and smart!"

He recoils. "You are a normal girl!" he insists loudly. "It's that simple, why don't you get it?"

She lunges. He grunts as she latches onto his shoulders and claws wildly at his eyes. Swearing, he pushes her away.

That was the last straw. His fists clenched and he gritted his teeth. Time to pull out some of his old high school talent.

Taking a deep breath as the girl writhes on the floor. "Alright, little girl, why ya gotta be so mean?" he raps. "You can't take it so you break it and you think you're the queen."

"No..." She stills. He peers down at her. Was his rapping that bad? "I'm worth nothing... Nobody loves me..."

"I think I just gave her self esteem issues," he mutters, and shrugs. He turns and walks away. "Not my problem."

© 2016 Hatake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think you have self esteem issues.

Your rapping was pretty terrible.

It's good for an ironical satirical make fun of yourself thing.

I hope that's what you were trying to do anyway.

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hatake

8 Years Ago

*Oxymorons (though oxen may be morons)
Good luck getting that soda to me.
Davidgeo

8 Years Ago

No... I meant ox moron.

I talk like a fool.
Hatake

8 Years Ago

Alright. Nice to know.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2016
Last Updated on April 24, 2016

Author

Hatake
Hatake

MN



About
Hey, I'm a 'blossoming' writer from Minnesota. I'm not quite up to the level of a published author yet. I joined to get some more experience. more..

Writing
What is time? What is time?

A Poem by Hatake


Inferno Inferno

A Story by Hatake


Freeze Freeze

A Poem by Hatake