A Lost Peter Pan - Peter's Pen

A Lost Peter Pan - Peter's Pen

A Story by S.v. Rincon
"

I wrote this for a writing challenge a friend of mine gave me. It's a companion piece to "A Lost Peter Pan"

"

The rain has faces in it. The grays of the television swirled. My world was a forest, a splatter painting of reds and blues and greens on shifting walls. They always said they were white walls when they were speaking to each other. They thought I didn't know. But, that's why they're here, right? Because they're crazy; Like a fox, like a jaybird, they're crazy. Poor Issy is always here.  She's crazy too. I tried to tell her it would be ok, I'd giggle. No more words. No more life, no thought, just random. Random random. Stop.

Speak to me again, tell me of the old days, Issy. Those were days when I was Pan and you were Wendy. Tell me why you think I'm mad. I just have to sit here, laugh, play with you. I'm free here. You, poor thing, you're not. You don't even see the people. You can't see the light glimmer on this ring here. Oh, and it's gone. You, you're pacing, screaming. You're out the door. Sandra's barking next door. If she were a cat...it would be quiet and I could sleep, I could cry, I could remember.

It's gone again, the memory. There was something before these shifting walls. Issy's words are stories, but there is truth in them. I need that truth! I have to know, I'll screa- she's gone again. No more visiting today. She'll be back tomorrow. The words again, the feet lifting like some weird excersise. Why is that lady always in here? Does "Rebbecca" find me comforting?  Matthew says she's mean, but Lily likes her. I like Lily more than Matthew. She's nice. She reads to me. I can't read these books they hand me, but she can. She knows Faust and Dante. I wish I could read. I wish I could talk. I'm not old enough.

Those candies again, two a day, with water. The water dilutes the flavor. I feel good. Issy's here now,staring. What does she see? My fingers are in the paint, trying to picture what she sees. She's staring at the wall; so, a little blue...a little green. Oh! More red. Pink, yes pink. That's not right. I'm looking at the ring again, when did I get over here? Oh, I hate when I do that...Issy said something. What? Such finality. "What?" It comes out as a squawk.

She's going out the door. She always looks back. It will be ok if she just looks back. She doesn't, She's leaving! She's going to get hurt! She can't take care of herself! "No!" A scream! It's a scream! I don't care! I can't let her go! She promised! She promised! What did she promise? I don't know. The car is leaving, blue blur. No!

"Micky! Get a team in here! Andrei's lost it!" Rebbecca shouted; a sharp pain in my arm. Black...its all black. I'm strapped in bed; the walls are laughing. Issy's gone forever...they'll get her. I'm left alone. They'll get her. She's gone.

© 2008 S.v. Rincon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on August 30, 2008

Author

S.v. Rincon
S.v. Rincon

Fort Valley, GA



About
My spirit rides and dances upon the wild wind. My heart soars upon the sun's beams and rests beneath the moon. My voice is loud and soft, heard but sometimes misunderstood...mistaken but known. I am a.. more..

Writing