aplomb

aplomb

A Poem by Johnny White

Cries to repose,

 

reconcile, and reconnoiter

 

are recommended as rendition

 

of your reason.  Reply

 

revamped and revel in rancorous

 

refuge, but don’t expect respect simply

 

because you deserve it.

 

Such a move is far too human for you

© 2008 Johnny White


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

No, no, I'm not saying that the alliteration was misused - its one of my favorite literary conventions, too. I'm just saying that the usage of the words themselves was sometimes a bit suspect. The words' SOUNDS fit together well enough, but the MEANING didn't make a lot of sense. All I was saying was that this poem would be more powerful if you REworked it a little so the "re" words could mesh well together in both sound AND meaning. That's all I meant.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I enjoy alliteration. While childlike in application, I find that in supplanting many reader's professorial expectations with simple quips and gestures my base is often widened to include those whose literary tastebuds are offended by the flavors of convention. Also, redundancy has been shown to release endorphines. Herein, and thereby, I had aimed to lighten the impact of an otherwise smarmy postulate.

:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like all the "re" words, but you use some of them a bit loosely, so one sort of gets the feeling that you don't know quite what you're talking about. (It feels almost as if you looked up a bunch of "re" words in the dicationary and then squeezed them in, and that kind of lessens its impact.) I really like the title, though - it fits and it makes the poem seem to make fun of its own garralousness.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2008
Last Updated on November 20, 2008

Author

Johnny White
Johnny White

Southeast, KS



About
Anyung! V�lkommen till mig! I am here looking for a network through which I may share my poems and stories with fellow authors. I welcome and pay mind to all opinions and comments, so lo.. more..

Writing