Writing Prompt

Writing Prompt

A Story by Imagination Unlocked
"

"Be careful, no man that's ever entered there has ever come back alive. Or himself." "Good thing I'm not a man then." This story based in a fantasy world. And is full of adventure, magic, & romance

"
     "Careful, no man that that's ever entered there has ever come back alive.  Or himself."  Jim advised behind me. 
     I turned  around to face him.  His eyes were narrowed into a solemn frown of concern.  His face was worn and wrinkled with age and wisdom.  He had sliver hair pulled back into a bun at the back of his head and rested on his neck.  His old recycled armor was what seemed ancient and had marks from old battles waged years ago.
     Behind him were our closest friends, my father, and my brother.  My brother was four sun cycles older than I.  He had dusty brown hair was cut close to the sides of his head, and had slightly longer hair on the top.  His golden sun kissed skin peeked out from beneath his scarf he wore to keep his head warm and away from the harsh wind. 
     My father had wrinkles around his worn hazel eyes, and a strong nose shape.  Both his eyes and nose peeked out from his balaclava and his mustache was collecting snow and ice.
     My friends from home were cold and hungry, but trying to hide it they failed.  I could see in their eyes, an emptiness, missing the warmth of home and the sun beating down on them.  The sand stone roads covered with sand blown across from the wind.  They maybe even missed the harsh and unforgiving sandstorms that would sweep past the city ever moon cycle or so.  They couldn't hide the sorrow in their eyes from me.
     I turned back to the old man, Cylius. 
     "Good thing I'm not a man."  I raised one eyebrow and winked at my brother, who chuckled.  A wide smirk spread across my cold stiff face.
     I looked into the cave that threatened me.  The wind rushed past as though even it was scared of the cave.  Horrid stories and legends had come from this  cave, beasts, creatures of the deep, evil demon spawns, the Devil himself, and yet here I stood.  My armor rattled in the wind, my sword at my waist ready to be wield into battle, my long auburn hair whipped and flickered at my face, and I held a torch in my left hand, the only warm hand. 
     My best friend, Cylius took my right hand.
     "Remember, time in there is different than out here.  Two hours in there is one day here.  Your father and I shall make the journey back to Thisus tomorrow, for us, and you and your friends will carry on,"  he gestured towards the cave, then back into my eyes.  His old grey eyes now full of rage and wisdom startled me at first.  "Good luck, don't get hurt."  He commanded.  Then he grabbed my head and kissed my forehead. 
     I nodded and stepped back in a salute.  He returned with another salute.
     I turned back to the cave and the wind howled louder this time.  I could almost make out words in the wind whispering, "Don't!  Get back and leave this place!"  But I shook my head convincing myself it was just my imagination. 
     My friends took my flank, and we took our first steps into hell, together. 
     The moment we were in, I turned around to look out the cave exit.  Cylius and my father looked into the cave,  The strangest thing was that the wind was no longer there anymore.  It no longer whaled at Cylius's hair, nor tore at my father's balaclava.
     I turned and blinked the thought from my mind. 
     "Well ready to experience hell?"  I looked at each of them with a wide sarcastic grin on my face.  All laughed except one, my boyfriend's sister who didn't seem to like that much.  She raised an eyebrow and shook her head. 
     My boyfriend took the torch from my left hand and held it in his left hand.  He then laced his hand in mine, lifting it to his mouth and kissed the top of my hand.
     "I'm with you, through the rivers of fire, and the gates of hell."  He straightened his back and raised his chin holding the torch high.  I blushed and looked forwards.  He glanced down without moving his head and chuckled.
     I turned solemn again and turn towards the 6 of them.  They then replied to my expression with concern.
     "If you don't want to visit hell, please leave, I don't want anyone to die for this.  Please if you're scared turn back now."  I looked at them all one by one with as much of a kind and sincere expression as I could muster right now.  Each just straightened and looked my in the eye.  Even Synthia, my boyfriend Quil's sister.
     "Well that answers that,"  Synthia grimaced.
     "Synthia, you don't have to.  If you don't leave now you might not get another chance.  They leave in two hours."  I expressed to them all, not just Synthia.
     "Like Quil said, I'm with you to the gates of hell."  She said slapping my shoulder guard and forcing a smile.  She then looked up at her twin brother.  "And someone has to make sure he saves himself a few times too, not just the others."  She chuckled at herself.  So did we all.
     I turned back toward the dark cave. 
     "This is gonna be a long mission."  And pressed forward.
   

© 2017 Imagination Unlocked


Author's Note

Imagination Unlocked
Not to sure where I'm going with this. I just picked a writing prompt and started going. Any ideas? I'm open to suggestions. I'm still learning grammer and spelling, so please ignore that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on February 11, 2017
Last Updated on March 9, 2017
Tags: Adventure, Cave, Mystery, Romance, Magic, Fantasy