Sunrise's Daughter

Sunrise's Daughter

A Story by Imagination Unlocked
"

Most people think of the sun as warm and greeting. Like a kind mother holding you in her comforting arms. Has anyone thought of the damage and destruction the sun causes too though? Fire?

"
     The copper sun lit the sky like a blazing wild fire on the horizon.  As it crept over the horizon stalking it's prey.  The prey woke to the greeting threat to work on their fields and crops.  The prey's backs caught fire scorched by the heat turning a soft hue of red.  The threatening sun climbed the sky with an evil grin that tired the prey. 
     The sun dials turned their shadows one and a half cycles.  The day slowed and the sun lit the sky once more biding the world goodbye as the sky changed colours like a camellias scales.   Like the sky rehearsing a dance, blue, to pink, to orange, to peach, then back to pink, purple, and finally a dark night blue.  The innocent stars danced across the sky, twinkling and giving hope. 
     "There is light in the night." they seemed to sing.  Their dance was a lullaby to the sleeping world, they sang a cricket choir, while the frogs sang a long melody. 
     The threating light was around the corner, the stars and the night ran away.  As if being chased by the threating light.  The light crept over the horizon once more to torture it's prey and rear its ugly fearful head once more. 

© 2017 Imagination Unlocked


Author's Note

Imagination Unlocked
Put your hand up if you hate sun burns!? *Hands rising everywhere* Yep, me too. Don't get me wrong I LOVE summer, and the warmth and the heat, but I also live in an area that has seen horrible forest fires that spread across our mountains. This area is my home, the Similkameen Valley. You may have heard of this place on the news years ago, we had a HORRIBLE forest fire. So this is a new twist on our beautiful sun light.
ALSO! This will be a short series. More to do with The Sunrise's Daughter is coming soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on March 9, 2017
Last Updated on March 9, 2017
Tags: Adventure, Sun, Daughter, Sunrise