Chapter 2: Ciel Dalton: The Slayer

Chapter 2: Ciel Dalton: The Slayer

A Chapter by Jolly

To Kiss a Killer

Chapter 2: Ciel Dalton: The Slayer


That fanger! Who the hell does he think he is? I bet he thinks I’m scared of him or something. I may not be a very daunting person, but I’m one of the most feared slayers in the world. I’m THE Ciel Dalton. The nerve of him to talk to me like that without putting up a fight. That stupid, egotistical, overconfident, conceited little son-of-a-mother of God he was sexy!

Wait, what?

I told myself to shut up and just continue with my walk home, but every time I tried to focus my mind on something else, I found my reflections right back onto that vampire. I never wanted to kill a vampire so bad; I could just go back to Jude’s Square and drive my stake so far into his chest-.

I stopped in the middle of the street on my journey across the crosswalk. I stared down at the white line intersecting the road and closed my eyes. His face was at the front of my mind, and I wanted him gone, I wanted that stern attractive gleam in his eyes to vanish.

Get out of my head!

I didn’t want to think of him anymore. He was just some foolhardy fanger who deserved to be staked... or at least slapped. Touching me like he’s got the privilege of being my boyfriend; just that word pisses me off.

Boyfriend. How impulsive.

Continuing my walk, I moved down Pitts Avenue and snagged the backpack I kept hidden on the other side of a bush outside of Kitz Coffee Shop. When I had it in hand, I dropped my utility belt inside, stuffed my mask in the front pocket, and slung my arms in the straps.

I wonder what his name is. To me he looked like he’d maybe have a deep dark name that matched his persona. Something like Nicholas, or maybe Jason or Vincent. Something that sounds of power and-.

Am I really doing this to myself? I’m better off going back to where he was, making out with him for a good minute… hour… few hours, and he’d be out of my head for sure. I skipped a step, swearing to myself about considering such irreverence. If I were to do anything like that, I might as well string my neck, because my grandfather Julius would likely do it anyways. He’d disown me as his relative if I ever betrayed him for a vampire.

Like I would!

Calming my insides, I waved a thank you to a driver letting my cross to Second Street to the neighborhood, and jogged the rest of the way to my house. I lived with my grandfather, and my eighteen year old brother, Georg. We moved in with him when my father joined the D.T.A.D. (Death to all Dead) just over a few weeks ago. We all joined the Slayer Public, though, for one reason alone: to avenge the death of Julius wife, who was my grandmother, and my mother.

Both killed by vampires.

And that’s exactly what I reminded myself. For all I know it, that could be the one who ruined my family. It’s a good thing I have a good sense of judgment. If not, I’d probably be thrusting about in his bed all night… yeah, all night.

I sighed taking out my house key to unlock the front door, but came to a complete stop when I just realized what had happened tonight. That fanger made me lose my kill. Now what am I going to tell Julius when I get inside. He’ll know I didn’t get a kill, because I hadn’t given a call to Georg to tell him so. We were both supposed to be hunting that vampire girl. Now that I lost her, there’s no way Georg reached her before she went into hiding.

Irritating man, now I’m sure to have it.

When I stepped inside the house, I closed the door silently behind me, locked it, and tried to get to the stairs before anyone noticed my return. But, as I thought, before I even made it passed the first step, Julius, one thought to succeed Hamilton since he was trained by the best, (but his age was ruining the title) turned in from the kitchen area, addressing me with his customary look of how did the killing go?

Now all I had to do was break him the news that I hadn’t taken anyone’s life. The most fundamental part would be veiling the fact that I hadn’t gone through with my target. He didn’t need to know the whole story, though. If he ever found out that I let a vampire fool me, and let him live, he’ll treat my a*s to a leather strapping. “I lost her,” I said before anything could come from him.

Julius hadn’t said anything either. He just stood before me and stayed with my eyes until a blink interrupted his daze. “How?” he his in his gruff tone, age and intimidation clear in the wheezing.

I mulled his tone over for a moment, wondering silently if he were upset. He didn’t sound upset, but still he was a very complex and confusing person. He could be thinking one thing when you consider he’s thinking something entirely different. “She was too-.”

My words were cut short when Julius smacked me across the face; the slap making me wish I’d stayed out the whole night… or simply… came up with a better lie. “A Dalton never misses a kill, Ciel. You’ve been at it all week with these fiends and tonight you chose to slip up.”

“It’s not like I can control her-.”

“You can’t control its…”

I started over with a sigh, “It’s not like I can control its speed. It was too fast for me. I’ve been working up my status for five years, the youngest to ever start in this commerce. Is it that bad for me to mess up every now and again?”

“Why all of a sudden; you haven’t screwed up in five years?”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, “Maybe I’m just tired.”

Fumes blew from Julius’ ears at my words, not only was I talking back to him, but I was challenging his temper. I wasn’t intentionally trying to piss him off. “Tired,” he said with a puzzled hum to his voice. “You’re tired. I’m fifty six years old; don’t you think I’d be a lot more tired than you? I’d give anything to be seventeen again.” He snapped in direction of the front door of the house, “Go run five miles, don’t come back until you’re sweating your pours out.”

My jaw hung open, “Are you serious; come on, I just got home.”

His remorseless hand came down on me again, and instead of talking back, I wiped the blood that surfaced from my lip, and headed for the door, brushing angrily passed my brother Georg’s tallness when he made it home.

Not up for hearing anything he had to say, if anything about the missed kill, I picked up a steady jog (that was just about a run) down the street, headed for the inner city. It was times like this where I wished my grandmother would rise from the dead and teach Julius a lesson. He’d never lay a hand on me if she were alive, or if my father were around.

Ensuing into city limits, I kept my eyes open for anything… one thing actually. Given that I was kicked out of my own house, and I was in fact getting tired, I certainly wasn’t going to run five insane miles. And it’d be alright because I’d be able to get away with it. Julius always left the house at about half past midnight; I won’t be done until two in the morning.

Idiot.

Slowing my jogging steps I came to a stop in front of a bench set before Leon’s BBQ. The building was dark on the inside, and populated with turned over chairs set on top of round tables. I took a seat on the bench and leaned my head back, catching a yawn as I stared up at the night sky. The stars dispersed in the darkness eased my mind for a little while. Knocking every recollection about Julius from my mind, I selfishly thought of one person who I somehow liked keeping my thoughts busy. The Vampire.

Or as Julius liked to call them: Things. Its. Animals.

Anything inhuman would do.

I touched the strand of hair he’d caressed on my head, and touched my wrist from where he’d gasped me. Just remembering his face was enough for me, but extraordinarily I wanted more than just a memory, I wanted to real thing.

I tipped my elbows on my knees and exhaled, watching the cloud of hot air fade as the wind took it. I cupped my face in an attempt to shadow my feelings; it almost seemed to be working after a while… until a proverbial accent struck my ears; that same insignificant German accent from none other than that vampire. “If I’m not mistaken, I’d say this meeting seems to be fate.”

I didn’t look up since I already knew it was him, and said, “How did you know it was me?”

His laugh furtively warmed me. “I can sense that same tension for miles.”

“Is it really that obvious?”

I could feel him moving closer. I waited until I could see his grazed boots standing before me. His fingers touched my cheek, and I let him until he reached my chin, forcing me to look up at him with a gentle pull. He merely looked into my eyes until I got the notion to swat him away. I couldn’t have him touching me. I couldn’t get used to him. “Stop touching me,” I said, “Leave me alone.”

“Give me one good reason why I should listen to you and I’ll leave.”

I blinked up at him. “Just because… go away.”

His striking black eyes reached inside me, squeezing my heart until it burst with esteem. “Alright,” he said turning from me as I once did him. “Since I seem to be bothering you, I’ll leave, just be ready to die when I kill you another time.”

I stood unexpectedly even to myself, “Why not kill me now? Go ahead; I’ll give you a five second start, too.”

A crooked leer pulled on his lips. His tall stature loomed over me even from a distance when he said, “Ciel, all I need is half a second to end your life. I’m just being… generous at the moment. You see, because I’m tired and starving, so I’m not up for taking anyone down by force, especially if their willing to put up a fight.”

“Scared I’ll win?” I derided.

He shrugged, and in the middle of a blink I found him standing looking down on my face. I stumbled from having been frightened for a moment. “No,” he said catching my arm to leave me near his well-built body tucked carefully in a pair of dark Levi’s and a black t-shirt logoed with a Classic rock band. He outlined the side of my face with his touch, feeling the part of my lip that burst when Julius hit me. I could see in his eyes that he was questioning who’d done it, but he didn’t acknowledge it further. “I just wouldn’t want to destroy such an endearing soul before I got a chance to sample.”

I shuffled away from him, “You vampires don’t know a thing about a personal bubble do you. Don’t touch me, you-.”

“Dom, Dominick Von Kraige. My name is Dom. I call you by your name, you call me by mine.”

Julius always said that even though vampires had names before they were turned, once they died, their names withered away like their bodies should’ve in a sealed up coffin. “Well, don’t touch me, Dom. Oh, and thanks a lot.”

He tilted his head in perplexity, “You’re welcome…?”

I went on, “You ruined my night, and for that I was pounded on by my grandfather. Because of you, I have to run five miles.”

“Didn’t look like you were running five miles to me.”

“I wasn’t going to.”

“Then why are you complaining?”

I stopped my rant and gestured peacefully to cool my impudence. “Go away.”

“No,” Dom said forwardly.

“Fine,” I circled away from him and began down the sidewalk in a slow stride. “I’ll leave and save you the trouble.”

“Why are you hunting me, Ciel?”

I liked the way my name rolled off the tip of his tongue, so much that I reenacted his splendorous accent in my head, the sexiness of his voice was enough to melt any girl… good thing I’m not a girl, but I sure as hell am started to feel like one. “I have no clue what you’re talking about. I don’t even know who you are. You came up on me.”

“Then why is my name tasked next on your list of vampires to kill? Yours is on mine… the one made up in my head… and I want to know why all of a sudden some kid is out to get me. If you tell me, I’ll let you live.”

I fiddled my fingers together, thinking for a moment until something reasonable came to mind. “Maybe you were added to the one I’m supposed to get next week. I haven’t killed my last target, so that could be the case. I’m never the one to deliberately chose who I want to kill, they’re picked randomly.”

“By who?” was his next question, “Who’s the incompetent a*****e that makes your lists?”

Why does that even matter? I wouldn’t know in the first place anyways. It’s not like I get along enough with Julius to actually discuss anything. But instead, I just said, “None of your business.”

Dom rolled his neck to get rid of the knots and popped his knuckles, taking a luring step towards me. “Since I can’t get anything out of you, I guess I’ll just have to go through with killing you early.”

I raised my irritated voice, “I’d like to see you try. Even though I don’t have my weapons, I know how to handle myself without-.”

His hand was over my mouth before I got out the rest of my sentence, his body pressed to the back of mine as he held me close consecutively to keep me from speaking. Personal bubble officially popped. “Now you’re dead.”

I shuttered when he smoothed his lips along my neck. Normally I would’ve shoved the vampire back… then again… if this was any other vampire they wouldn’t have been able to get so close so quickly. “I could suck every last drop of blood from your skinny body right now, and what would you be able to do about that, Mr. Brave?”

I wasn’t aware of his words. I was too busy relishing the feel of him holding me; how his hands were cold on my body but warmed at our touch.

After realizing what I was doing, I elbowed the vampire Dom, in his ribs and moved to get away. “I’m not as weak as you think.”

“Oh, I know that,” Dom said with an appealing smile, “I watched you fight, and you would’ve succeeded in taking that female vampire’s life if it hadn’t been for me. Problem is; I just can’t seem to find the right time to take your life. Maybe after I take your virginity… then I’ll kill you.”

I raised a brow of incomprehension, “What, my virginity?” The thought was engaging in its own way. “What makes you think I still have it?”

Another laugh surfaced, and I was starting to get the impression that all of this was just a game to him. “A pretty boy like you, nice hair, attractive eyes traced with makeup, small body, dedicated to the Slayer Public isn’t someone I can picture banging the hottest girl from senior prom or even going out on a date. You’re too occupied with “work” to have sex let alone start a decent relationship. Trust me, I know kid. Just as much as I know how hard it is for you not to subservient yourself to me. It’s okay; I won’t tell anyone you were fucked by a vampire, unless you want me to. I can always let Julius know you’re being taken care of.”

I crossed my arms and shifted my weight, “If I were ever going to be fucked by a vampire, what makes you think I’d want it to be you? Wouldn’t you think I’d at least want one of your regional Kings or Queens to do that for me? I feel like I deserve much more than just… you.”

Dom set a hand over where his heart would be, ‘”Ouch,” he winced, “That hurt; such harsh words.” He cleared his throat, “Now that I’m over it, why don’t we get back to the topic at hand: me being on your task list. Are you going to kill me?”

“Why yes, I actually am. Once I get my names, I’ll burn through them as fast I as I can to get to you quicker. I won’t make you wait long. How doesn’t that sound, Dom?”

Dom ran a hand through his dark mane of black hair, a curl flopping back to the center of his forehead when he released, and he huffed it out of his face, but the effort was ineffective. I thought it was kind of cute. “It’s nice to know you want me,” he said, “I’ll be sure to save room for you in my stomach. I bet your cum taste just as good as your blood.”

My eyes widened at the thought of his mouth being so close to my…

There was a tingle in my pants when Dom began to finally back away from me. It was evident he wanted me, and I wanted him just as bad… probably even more than he did. “Goodnight, slayer,” he said in a mimic from what I’d told him before departing from Jude’s Square. “I’ll come back and sweep you off your feet when you’re ready to admit how bad you want me. Don’t fall asleep.”

I watched as he embarked away from me in front of Leon’s BBQ. His arrogant stride was one that laughed without cracking a smile, and it wasn’t hard to know he was smiling during his walk.

Dom Von Kraige, am I that obvious?



© 2012 Jolly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

he his in his gruff tone, age and intimidation clear in the wheezing.----should that be hissed?

I didnt see anyhting else. This is really perfect. You make my vampire novel look like s**t lol. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on May 16, 2012
Last Updated on May 16, 2012


Author

Jolly
Jolly

San Antonio, TX



About
i just want to know if my writing is worthy enough. Tell me what you think? I Write mostly about fantasy gay coulpes because i just think they are so much more gripping and intersting. I'm obsessed y.. more..

Writing