chapter three

chapter three

A Chapter by SJ.

 

The movie had subtitles, the pizza was completely gone and Sage was still licking the bowl of fudge. Aislinn had fallen asleep on the couch and Thomas and Lucas had just left. It was a perfect night. My mom and I sat on the porch and talked, my mom brought up Lucas; who I explained as a newly acquired friend and nothing more. But I felt like she could read it in my eyes. Apparently they lit up when I had a secret I did not wish to indulge my mom in on, I always denied it but tonight I think she could have gotten a lot of stuff out of me, had I been intoxicated. Fortunately I was not, so I got to keep my infatuation a secret.
    “Look, I think you should know the truth about how you are going to St. Genevieve’s, obviously we are not dirt poor so do not worry about money problems, but that school is not typically where a family of our wealth can afford, so I am telling you this, your grandparents are helping me out.” She said calmly.
“How much?”
“Excuse me?”
“How much are they helping you out with?”
She paused. She turned her face away from me, probably from her prideful nature. “All of it,” rushed out of her mouth. “So we will have to go to these dinners to interact with them, it was a condition of my mothers.” We did not say anything for awhile, I simply gave her a big huge and thanked her. She was my personal hero, I do not understand how she did this but I was thankful she put my needs above her pride. Sage bustled out of the front door with the bowl of fudge, which was nearly empty, and sat down next to me. “So what is going on with you and the new guy,” she asked enthusiastically. I never should have let down my expectations for her keen observations and wicked way of predicting what I was thinking. She could make anyone confess under her investigations; Charles Manson himself would confess and ask for the death penalty. “Nothing, I swear, we just happened to meet today,” I said nonchalantly. “You know everyone is going to be watching you right,” she said indifferently. “It’s how it works here.”
   I knew she was right, in the smallest, most boring town in the state of Texas, nothing got past anyone. Especially, Darla, she was our go to girl. It was amazing the things she knew about the people who live here. It was almost like she could read peoples’ minds. We sat there for what seemed like eternity when my mom silently got up to go to bed. “Guess that means we need to head to bed as well. Waffle house in the morning?” I said yawning. “Yeah sure, leave around noon?”


© 2009 SJ.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
SJ.
ha i have more, just no time to post it. but i will asap:D thank you so much!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm getting into this story. Gooood emotion and even better conviction and vocabulary.

Why'd you stop writing this?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 23, 2009


Author

SJ.
SJ.

Dallas, TX



About
I love to write, It's what I love to do. something worth readingNov 8, 2008 - Dec 31, 2008I'm looking for any writing that has soul and can speak to mine. If you think you're up to it submit a pie.. more..

Writing
driving away driving away

A Poem by SJ.


silence silence

A Poem by SJ.