space in-between

space in-between

A Story by Pax
"

a prompt:

"

Husband’s thoughts ~

I asked my wife I had a proposition of our endless fights and arguing. It’s been 7 years in counting. I have grown to hate her in each fight and all the jealousy all around me and her. Why has it come to this? Am I doing the right thing for her, for me and for everyone around us? People gets tired of this sad, sad face we present in our friends and family.  They said you can still work things out, that we should not waste the seven years of our marriage. Divorce, it’s all I could think of. I sighed every time I think about it. It was never infidelity, I never cheated on her and she’s the same for me or I am not really sure. Maybe because we have grown distance between each fights. The misunderstanding all the time. I do love her, but I guess it was never enough for me to stay with her anymore. Now I asked the question to myself, have she ever love me, but I think she does from the first few years of our time. And Now for the past few months, the distance made me think she didn’t love me anymore. Or I just can’t understand a girl’s feelings, maybe I’m too numb to feel anything.

Wife’s thoughts ~

Have I been waiting for this moment that my husband would asked for a divorce.  This morning we were fighting and out of the blue he blurred out the word " divorce " I was stunned. I can’t believe it. All the working things out never work. I felt weak and helpless. All was just too sudden. Am I ready to let this go? Is freedom really the answer to all of this. We never do cheated from each other. We were too loyal. That’s one of our traits, I guess. But some things never do solve out by itself. Do we really need the freedom or just space. I love him, but I’m not too sure if he loves me more than I love him. I cried the whole day. I shut him out for me to have some space to think.

Husband’s thoughts ~

I stand in the middle of the door in our room, it’s still lock. I felt a sting in my heart. What’s happening to us. I feel like I’m gonna lose her forever. Is it for the best, or I’m getting selfish. I want divorce but I don’t want to lose her. She was my everything and the light of my life. Then I knock slowly and said:

“Can I come in and talk to you?”

A slow click on this lock and it slightly open.

~ a conversation ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wife: “What is it now?”

Husband: “Let’s have dinner now. I just arrived, and I’m a bit starving. What’s for dinner?”

Wife: “I didn’t prepare any.”

Husband: “Then let’s have dinner outside.”

Wife: “You go ahead, I’m not hungry.”

Husband: I touch her face, her eyes are swollen from crying whole morning and seems she didn’t eat because I could see her face is as pale as a sheet of paper. I said finally after a few minutes of my deep thinking while looking deep in her eyes. “Looks like you didn’t eat the whole day. You look really pale. Did I hurt you much to see you like this. If so, I am sorry. I’ll take my words back. You know I can’t even imagine living alone without you. The you I find when I wake up. The you that will shine my mornings with warm hugs and kisses. The sweet you that makes my stressful day away. I still love you.” With that last word I kissed her passionately like there is no tomorrow. She responded for a moment with the same intensity then slightly push me and said.

Wife: “Please don’t, I’m too weak to resist you. I’m to weary to think rational in this moment. My heart and mind is in chaos. My heart wants you but my mind says otherwise. I’m too confuse of this renewed feelings.”

Husband: Hearing her say that made me want to hold her more. Push her to the limits of her desire. Then I said: “I see it now. No one can ever replace you in my heart. No one will ever fit the molds of my embrace but you. You’re the perfect fit. Why would you resist your heart’s desire. It’s been long I haven’t hold you and kissed you like this. The distance we partake in, intensify my longing for you. It’s very obvious now that I missed the old us. I missed you besides me this close, this intimate. Please don’t resist me, if you do? Do it now, this instant or I’ll lose myself into engulfing your everything.”

Wife: The defenses I built milted away from his words through his stares. Those stares that made me fall again- over and over for him. Those words that swayed every hard resistance. And the touch that made me want more. I was speechless for a moment staring through his eyes. Having a peek through his soul and I found the raw love that was always there for my taking. I owned this man, and he own me as her woman. I am nothing without him. This is what we forgot, how it feels like to fall in love all over again. To fall as he catch me. I am the perfect fit. A few seconds of staring becomes a minute then he captured my lips with me fully submitting to my heart’s desire. Then I whisper: “I really do still love you, you’re a part of me that I can never forget and only you can satisfy my hunger in love.”

 

END

© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
it was a prompt before in a contest that i didn't have a chance to submit...
there were list of plot to make and i choose this:
4) A character falls is in love again with his or her husband/wife... right after asking for a divorce.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
it was a good prompt, many things have been realized in reading this short story...
i tend to forgot small things like:
names, person's descriptions, situational issues..., believeable problemss , grammar and many more...

~ that are most of my weakness in making a story on which i need to work on for my next chapters... perhaps i am more on the emotional value often times...

for my dear friend corset :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"I love him, but I’m not too sure if he loves me more than I love him." --- mmm...love is not a competition or a case of who gives more love/who is giving less or who is receiving more. with such kind of thinking, it's no wonder that they reach that predicament. i like this piece because there's ending and did not leave me hanging in the air =)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

wow, i didn't noticed that perspective... very keen eyes, i mean keen observation my friendly beauti.. read more
gabrielle

10 Years Ago

welcome pax.. i only read novels from our kababayans mas relatable kasi pero kayo ni marc parang wal.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

hahaha, yan rin ang sabi ko kay marc, sabi naman niya may balak pa siyang taposin... kaya ako, i am .. read more



Reviews

I believe they need space . Their emotions are becoming weak but they can't losse hope . Their love is strong and real love never Dies . This is a great witting so realistic about things that happen on the everyday BASIC in relationships . This has me speechless ,amazing talent of yours !!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I love him, but I’m not too sure if he loves me more than I love him." --- mmm...love is not a competition or a case of who gives more love/who is giving less or who is receiving more. with such kind of thinking, it's no wonder that they reach that predicament. i like this piece because there's ending and did not leave me hanging in the air =)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

wow, i didn't noticed that perspective... very keen eyes, i mean keen observation my friendly beauti.. read more
gabrielle

10 Years Ago

welcome pax.. i only read novels from our kababayans mas relatable kasi pero kayo ni marc parang wal.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

hahaha, yan rin ang sabi ko kay marc, sabi naman niya may balak pa siyang taposin... kaya ako, i am .. read more
This is so deep and real, Pax...the struggles of OFW abroad and the loved one's they leave behind...the connections of love lost and broken, yet that struggle to keep it together...these are stories that are never touched on or even go unnoticed. It saddens me to hear the mistreatment of OFW's, as well abroad...but this touched on emotions of separation, which is prevalent to many that are making a living. Outstanding.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

of course I love it, it's romantic and I am a sucker for romance, even when it's eons old, especially if it's eons old, lol...the emotions in this are what so many couples go through, the distance, the hutting off between each other. It's nice to read old fashioned love stories again, and you specialize in the short stories , I truly do believe you could be a play write or something.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

tight hugs, i always love your humor with added insights.... "old fashioned love stories"... oh i l.. read more
I entered this contest, but didn't choose this plot.
You do very well at handling emotion. There is such sincerity in your work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thanks Marie my friend.... I have read that piece... and you won... congrats...
This is amazing, Pax!
You're a great writer. This made me think of something...and I know you know that, too.
Good that in our country, there's no divorce. Everything/everyone deserves a second chance....a renewal. And I don't believe either in separation and divorce. But I think SPACE is very important. The time being far from each other could make them realize how important they are to each other.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thanks my friend...
it's hard to talk about divore, often times it ends in bad ways... or som.. read more
one sky

10 Years Ago

You're welcome. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mariposa Mariposa

A Poem by Mariya