Perhaps

Perhaps

A Poem by Pax
"

....

"

© 2014 Pax


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this, the whole poem reminds me of the human race in terms of actually racing, especially the last two lines. Not knowing where you are among the runners; are you first, last, average. But it's lonely in the front, 'a step ahead in my foolish play', 'perhaps you never know my distance'. Really great write, Pax.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is the first piece of yours i've read and I am quite impressed. There is such a deep sense of pain and disappointment in your words as the emotions flow. So many hide their true selves, wearing a mask, living behind a facade for whatever reason. It is only us, the true individual of our existence who understands the "real" us...stay true to yourself dear sweet Pax, you have a beautiful honest heart and soul.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thank you very much, writing to me helps greatly on understing my disappointments. and by just penni.. read more
We sometimes get fooled by some others, they are not what they appear outside. You do what you while others won't understand your ways with your bike and how you use it. Your not like some others and want others to accept you for you and your way of life. For you never ride your bike alone, others ride with you on the same path or road. Fab piece you penned err typed here.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great poem...as someone who doesn't mind being a loner, I could really relate. Sometimes being alone is much more pleasant than hanging around others when we don't feel connected to them.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

you are so not all that alone dear Pax, I love your new avatar btw, very cool. Youare always kind, so a friend is never far away when you need one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

hugs and many thanks dear friend... I hope so too dear friend, i hope so..
Corset

10 Years Ago

what could go wrong while wearing rose colored glasses I ask you! :P nada, zip, zilch. hugs to you m.. read more
Before we expect love from others, we should know how to love ourselves deeper.

That's how I can see your piece, Pax. You considered yourself as the one who's hard to like and nobody understands your ways. You believe that it is you who always have to understand first..that makes you feel you're being unfair to yourself...so you decided to go away in order to protect yourself (your heart)...and again, nobody knows that you are already staying away (because nobody gives attention to you anyway, in your assumption).

What is the greatest love of all? It's your love for your self (not too much to be considered as selfishness or greed). You cannot give what you do not have. You can't love others seriously if you don't love yourself purely.

I hope that while creating 'distance' from others...you are 'staying closer' to yourself.
Buti na lang I love myself (but not at the level of selfishness) so I can give more love to people even it's not Christmas Day. LOL

Another concise yet profound piece, Pax. Kudos!

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

ahh, you've hit something pretty friend. I have to thank you in huge chunks because you almost hit e.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

You know you're always welcome. =)
This makes me think about the two types of distance... One, measurable in space, and the other is a space that we create, where we could be right beside one another, yet if not allowed inside, this distance may be infinite... Why does one want to create such a distance and what does it take to allow someone in, to see the real self? Your poem is an adventure through such thoughts, Pax... self reflecting...

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

We understand ourselves to a level no one else can, i liked this poem, really nice, expressive.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

There's so much rationalization in here of why the poetic persona is keeping his distance away from the others. But in between words, i could feel the longing to be understood, to be liked and to be accepted. i agree with Frieda, we all hide behind the masks for several reasons. intriguing write pax.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes it better this way, its exhausting to be misunderstood a few many times Pax. Trust me, I know and I could relate to it. Great write Pax.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Is the use of bike a metaphor for running away? If you are riding your bike and you are ahead of everyone at a distance, it is intentional, for you are more comfortable alone where no once can catch you? I love this poem. But it breaks my heart for you at the same time. Many, many people feel they are living a charade, alone in the world, completely masked and misunderstood. Human interaction is important, my friend. Validation of who we and what we do is essential to our growth and our humanity. I love the biking analogy. It is perfect, touching, and appropriate. So many people are running from themselves in our world. It's time they slowed down and allowed someone who cares to catch up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

936 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 20, 2014
Last Updated on March 23, 2014
Tags: friendship, alone, hard to gets sometimes

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..