Cold Landscape

Cold Landscape

A Poem by Pax
"

---------------------------------

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In a moment I knew I am cold

I began to prolong

The things I got used to

Never minding the numbness

And  the blasted frost bite.

 

I guess I got used to this feeling

    the make-shift of emotions,

Never falling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
credits to the photo:
Hd wallpapers

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When we say that we are numb, we are already devoid of any feelings/emotions. We cannot feel pain or pleasure anymore. Isn’t that very liberating (but of course that will turn us into machines/robots). In this piece, despite the assurance that the voice never mind the numbness or frost bite, the whole piece actually spoke glaringly of the contrary. When we “make-shift” of our emotions, we feel deeply our emotion but we don’t just want to confront it. We, humans are strange being, we sometimes love to prolong our agony instead of confronting it and get done with it. I love the subject matter of this write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

gabrielle

9 Years Ago

Hey! You both need eyecheck up. Coffee yan! Lol.
Pax

9 Years Ago

hahaha, but still its a representation of an owl... :) na subra yata kami sa kaka-coffee Gab..LOL
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

9 Years Ago

Ay, coffee?! Hehe. Owl ang tingin ko. Aba ba bah! Naisahan tayo doon ah! :)



Reviews

very expressive and well written! coldness inside someone, could be a good protection from sliding into passions...(bad passions). I sometimes feel that, but that frost is only on the surface...Inside we have melting heart, and no one can change that. With coming of spring this heart is so warm and big, that it gives fire to the surface and melt the coldness. I like so much this emotional piece...

:: nour ::

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

With great economy the poem points to the link between emotional life, memory and bodily temperature. I read it a couple of times, the first time not quite catching the meaning but realising there was something there, and the second time, getting just what you were trying to describe.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, sir John, my friend, its a pleasure reading your feedback...
So cold and alone. Lost in a world that had drained everything from you. This piece moves me because, I can relate to it. This was nicely written and was a good read. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

thank you very much, Hayleigh. You relating to this piece, means so much to me, that I felt not so a.. read more
Moon

9 Years Ago

You are welcome and no my friend, you are not alone. In the past two years I have suffered through a.. read more
Pax

9 Years Ago

we are survivors my friend, we adapt to the changes of the choices we've made... let's hope for the .. read more
Very short lines but pack with hidden meanings. I was looking at this piece for a while to figure out the exact meaning. I would still go with Gab's explanation as the most probable answer. Here's my imaginative take on this beautiful piece of yours Pax. It could be human or personal struggles explained using the metaphor of season . In this situation the writer prefers to use the winter season and its concomitant effect ( cold, frostbite, numbing feeling ) to described something inside a person's inner self. It's mystifying to me why a writer used the winter as an object reference to explain this inner or personal struggle. Why the persona prefers to be cold ? And has gotten used to it ? There's science and psychology involve also in this piece. Inner struggle can cause turmoil and perhaps emotional pain. Ice has some medical or first aid effects. Its often used on acute injuries as first aid measure to retard and further lessen the injury until suitable treatment can be delivered. Perhaps the persona preferred to be cold so it could cope with its painful situation. So getting used to cold and its numbing effects temporarily serves it intended purpose though it's not the ideal choice for a moment but its the only one that offers the immediate and suitable remedy. The persona in this situation somehow preferred to react on the immediate situation rather than responds to it with all honesty and resolve. Whether the persona wanted to deal with it now or later, that ice will thaw one day and just like the ever changing season, spring will come. How fast it will ushered all depends on how much effort the persona wants to deal with this inner struggle or conflict. The winter offers immediate and temporary soothing relief. It helps the persona cope with the situation for the moment. To deal with the effects of the symptoms but not the cause of that inner turmoil/conflict/struggles.
" Never Falling " was a complete mystery to me ....Perhaps the only possible explanation to me is that the persona has settled for this temporary coping mechanism because its the only one that works for the moment. It offered temporary shelter and has become its comfort zone. It offered the persona some form of security ( emotionally ) ... so the persona can remain standing from whatever try to knock him down and keep him from falling.

This is a thought provoking piece Pax...It made my rusty mind work hard to find the meaning.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

I can smile a hundred smiles, here, thank you my good friend, it is a pleasure to read your thoughts.. read more
So even with the matter of dealing with the swing of emotion, you have become like the pliant bamboo and molave all at times...or perhaps you have just overgrown the distressing "cold landscape" that you now have control of it...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Thank you so, so much, dearest friend... i do, i do, yet sometimes I don't, losing control is hard.... read more
Poignant and beautifully conveyed ice cold, striking as usual


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

hey Moon, its been nice seeing you around, been long time my friend, i hope your doing alright... an.. read more
Loved this poem and the image. Well penned

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend, I am glad you like it...
Almost makes me numb reading this, the emotion is palpable on your page. Reminds me of 'comfortably numb'...a place we sometimes cherish for our peace of mind, but not a good place to visit for too long. Well said my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

ahh, that place, i kept to coming there more often now a days, too tired sometimes my dear friend, b.. read more
It is all natural dear poet and thinker friend. Those range of emotions reflect our state of being and our seasons of life. The ups and downs of the mountains and valleys. This particular state can teach us to hibernate in the cold winter and keep those feelings locked for a season until the thaw of spring and its blooms come in the right time. Humans are very adaptable and pliant about pleasure or pain. An excellent write. :).................................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

ahh, Sami, my good good friend & brother, its been nice to see yah, and yeah, I guess I have been ke.. read more
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. All in due time and place. You are welcome dear friend and brother...:).......................... read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

536 Views
13 Reviews
Added on August 17, 2014
Last Updated on August 17, 2014

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax