doors of possibilities

doors of possibilities

A Poem by Pax
"

---------------

"

 

 

 

Doors in the empty Twilight.

I am just a single step away,

Yet never finding the courage

               to just open one of them.

 

Possibilities…

 

A thousand sighs as I wait.

I stood still, as I hold into the moments,

Looking, looking, & still looking…

 

All I wanted is a flickering sign

For me to barge in

without any hesitation

and bleed in accord to whatever

    outcomes that lays within.

© 2014 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
credits to the image:
closed doors by Amandine Van Ray

there are some doors that you cannot just barge in and take the leap of faith or in our dialect "bahala na". Sometimes you needed to understand it more of what's out there, and feel if its the right time, that you are ready no matter what...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A soul in turmoil, at the edge of something barely discernible. The truth lies beyond the door, but what is the truth, and where does it lead?
The twilight doors lead into darkness, but there are pale lights there, beckoning us on.
A thousand sighs, filled with melancholy, and indecision...
"Will I be right?", "Can I do this?"
Faith is hard to find in uncertain times... but that's when it matters most...

Well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

I kept reading your questions my friend, and it taken me a long thinking to answer… I always find.. read more



Reviews

Profound Pax, Reminds of of Luke 11.9 'So I say to you, Ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.' Sometimes we just have to take that leap of faith and have the courage to open those doors or we'll never know. Try knocking first my friend. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Sami is a smart man, of course we shouldn't be persuaded by what other's think is right for our own .. read more
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Sorry that got away from me, before I had finished my thought.
Only you can decide that for y.. read more
Pax

9 Years Ago

big smiles here, a huge thank you my friend... & big warm hugs...
Life is full of doorways. Honestly, I think that's where the ideas of parallel universes and alternate timelines come from, the idea of doorways before us, the choices we are going to take a step forward...or simply avoid opening that door. And this reminds me of my own novel...Sinister Room (which I am going to post an excerpt of it maybe this week), because it deals with a doorway and the choices one could make. Nevertheless, brilliant write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much my friend, it is very true of what you said, life is full of doorways, and that's .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aya
A thousand sighs indeed. Very well written piece i felt every word. And i relate strongly to this right now.
All i wanted was a flickering sign" beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

Aya, my friend, its nice to see you, hope your doing fine.... Thank you very much, I am so glad you .. read more
Aya

9 Years Ago

Nice to see you too pax :) you're welcomed
I really REALLY like this one, the image in mind that supplements the one you provided; they work together to really make me ponder the idea. I am the type of person who tends to be distant to many things and many people; for better or for worse. I look down the hallway, and carefully examine each door; I make sure that no one is watching, and then I brush my hand across the door feeling the grain, was this door built to last... to matter? I feel the doorknob, is it hot? Would opening the door cause me to be engulfed in flames? And then I simply lose myself on the fringe, holding back still... part of me cautious, but an even greater part of me savoring the sensation of opening a door which someone must have made. What were they thinking when they made it? Is it meant for just anyone to open, or is it like Excalibur which will only open for me? If the door was made hastily, and for just anyone, then I will move on; but if it feels captivating, magical, surreal in the possibilities it contains, then I will finally cast it wide open... If I have the confidence to open the door, then I will not open it slowly or cautiously, because the decision has been made; and I will pour who I am into throwing it open, to lose myself in the next phase of opening a door... wandering the next hallway, and enjoying its myriad of doors... all of which feel more intimate than the hallway before. And so I love taking my time to fully savour the journey in what seem to be infinite hallways. If I had rushed it, I would have never seen the end of those doors anyway; but with a heart engulfed in pathos, I can enjoy every moment, and every potential moment, in those emotions I hold dear, at the fringe. Again, it should be clear just how much I adore, and can relate with this one. Don't rush these sorts of things; although many things may say you should... is a door which fade away simply because you want to lose yourself in its complexity and meaning really a door you should have cast open to begin with? Life is not a race, so make every gesture count to the things and people that truly matter, and open doors with the greatest of discrimination, but also the greatest of passion. This honestly reminds me of an old story I wrote (the second short story I ever tried my hand at, so it was written before I joined here) called Bridge to Trust; I am sure the comparison between bridges and doors should not be lost on you. Thanks again for sharing this personal, and emotionally moving piece... it may not be bold, but I can feel a transient pathos leaking with every word... so wistful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

this means so much to me my friend, your encouragement and knowing me in this write & the way i writ.. read more
Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

Rather than trying to start open doors quickly, just learn to change why you open them slowly. Put .. read more
The thief of time...brilliant way with words.. well finished..


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

smiles, thanks Rossen, you are brilliant yourself, I am glad you like this piece... I appreciate you.. read more
i used to barge in when i was younger, but life has taught me to knock lightly, and wait to see who or what opens the door, and how i am greeted, before i step inside.

i like this analogy. the poem also reminds me of an old hermans hermits song..."this door swings both ways, lets in dark and light"

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

thanks, my friend... me too, in my teenage years and younger, i was a bit of try this & go with this.. read more
Those doors can be quite daunting when we know not what lie on the other side.. we look and look yet, rarely find the answers that we seek.. It takes great courage to just blindly "barge in" not knowing what is ahead.. what do you do if that "flickering sign" never comes?.. thought-provoking write.. well done, my friend..

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

great question my friend, ahh, yes, there are times I tell myself to just do it, but then it never f.. read more
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

it was my pleasure sir.. I often wonder, if I will know what to do when the time comes, as doubt and.. read more
Pax

9 Years Ago

thank you again, and that reminds me of the lyrics by journey, it says:

"don't stop bel.. read more
This time we're different. I am taking the risks of opening a new door for me. I just rely on faith.
But then it's you. We have our own reasons in our choices in life.
I like the concept. I can relate to it. Thanks for sharing this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

9 Years Ago

kaya nga di ka na pwding maging lola kasi paano magiging old ang childish...haha
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

9 Years Ago

I want to be old. Period. Lol
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

9 Years Ago

A playful old. Hehe

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

812 Views
18 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 1, 2014
Last Updated on September 1, 2014

Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax