What Are You Supposed to Do?

What Are You Supposed to Do?

A Poem by Will Nething

Have you ever met an angel and not known what to say?

I met one once, and we actually became friends that day.

We talked about life, of where we had begun,

About God's miraculous blessings we received, and crazy things we had done.

We shared interests and similarities

Of singing and basketball, people we knew and other different familiarities.

We talked so long. I don't know why I thought she liked me.

She was sweet, beautiful, but of the hard-to-get variety.


I was falling in love with a girl I had not known very long.

I couldn't help it. Just thinking of her brought into my heart a song.

Now I see that she was really messing with my mind.

While thinking I was up to speed and that she wanted to be kept, I was running far, far behind.

Then I guess she thought I was acting too aggressive

Like even though she wasn't mine I was coming across as possessive.

We stayed just friends. Her face consumed my mind. Her voice like feathers or ocean waves"you'd never know a more lovely sound.

She spoke my name. From day to day she was usually the same. I thought she was the perfect kind. Evidently I was wrong. I was trying to tie a knot that could not stay bound.

Maybe it was a bad idea, but was I really for her changing my own personality?

Was I trying to make something out of nothing that was ever meant to be?


What are you supposed to do when the girl you love is so much like a drug?

You're addicted to her though she's not really your girl. You can't just walk up and give her a hug.

Should I keep trying to win her heart,

Or should I find someone else to satisfy the love I need in my inmost part?

Now that I think, no. I'll stay the same.

I am what I am, and I cannot, will not and shall not ever change.

Now it all makes so much sense.

Why was I constantly anxious, excited or tense?


Girls are just different and we'll never understand

When we think we've played the right card, we find out they have the better hand.

If only a friend could decide the choice to make.

Who should I listen to? What book should I read? Which road should I take?

But everyone knows life's road is not so easy to walk on much less run,

'Cause if it were we'd always be going right past all the fun.

The thing I should do is to listen to God's calling in my life and follow what He wills.

I'll trust His ever sovereign, perfect way. I know He cannot fail. Because before my life's journey ends, His purpose He fulfills.

**

© 2010 Will Nething


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on June 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 17, 2010

Author

Will Nething
Will Nething

Locust Grove, GA



About
I am a sinner. I need Jesus. With Jesus I can and must love others. If I do not love others, it shows that I am a sinner. This shows that I need Jesus. And with Jesus help, I can and must love others... more..

Writing