Memories.

Memories.

A Poem by Heather

I remember falling asleep and waking up in bed, snug, warm and comfortable.
I remember the snail races we would have, the time I put one on my hand, you never did give me those buttons!
I remember the snoring, the screams, when I would say "it's okay, I'm right here".
I remember the fear of the dark, the mystery, the games we would play and watch in the night.
I remember losing my cat, I cried all day, all of the other kids found it strange and weird.
I remember being stubborn, I was that afraid of year 2 sats that I refused to eat, even my hair started coming out, I was told "it's okay".
I remember the recorder performance, having to run and throw up, I felt so ashamed and guilty, because I had let them down.
I remember the phone call at the petrol station, the trickle of smooth tears that exited my mothers painful eyes.
I remember the time we were in fancy dress, we went to Sutton Park to take pictures, I was a cowgirl, but the car broke down and that one song wouldn't stop playing!
I remember the time when i was little and the bus driver stopped outside of our house because I said, "Look! there's our house!".
I remember when we laughed and laughed for hours on end.
I remember singing until the sun came up, watching horrors and stuffing our faces.

I remember when you said those things about me, lied.
I remember, because I never even cried.
I remember sitting all night with my cat when she was ill.
I remember being told about Zippy, I couldn't sit still.
I remember, because I can say,
"All of it made me stronger, who I am today."

© 2014 Heather


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written with the use of repetition :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heather

7 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
A wonderful write down memory lane. So tender and beautiful. Thank you for sharing. ....:)......

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heather

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome...:)......................
Memories ARE glimpses into what makes us people. And it's important to remember we make them daily.

Good tone to this one. Good clarity to its thought.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow ... Heather, a wonderful and at times painful trip through your childhood. I found myself glued to the page with your honesty and expression. Excellent work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heather

9 Years Ago

I guess honesty is the best policy, people fear the truth too much when really they should thank it .. read more
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

My pleasure:)
I love these glimpses into your memories. Real and without hesitation. Thank you for sharing, dear poet.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heather

9 Years Ago

It is my pleasure, I should be the one thanking you, thank you, for reading and reviewing, I truly a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2014
Last Updated on October 1, 2014

Author

Heather
Heather

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Well hello there. I'm Heather, I'm eighteen. Currently studying Creative and Professional Writing at the University of Derby. I can be quite harsh, and am quite the pessimist. I'm not a big people.. more..

Writing
I "Won" I "Won"

A Poem by Heather


It was always me It was always me

A Chapter by Heather



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..