Facade of Living

Facade of Living

A Poem by Frieda P

I wonder why they can't SEE clearly when
everything's been written in terminal code
Dead, long before that last breath of life
was snuffed, inhaling just for show
hanging in the shadows for years, not hours
buried under the rubble long before the avalanche
no one noticed the earth was shifting, or
they ignored the quietude of pleading screams
 beneath breathing's precious facade of living 

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

My dear, you've made a habit of writing things that just strike me to the bone. This piece is highly reflective about a lot of things that have been on my mind for the last while. You just have a way of expressing these things that is unparalleled. Awesome work as always :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Benji, sorry you can relate my friend, jazzed you enjoyed :-)
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Anytime Mrs.R :)



Reviews

Your poem made me feel quiet to the bone. I'm not sure why, but the piece of art you put with it speaks a thousand words itself. Thanks for sharing your poem.
Good luck with your writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Oh people never see the Hell cooking right below their feet. Thought provoking poem that says a lot in a very short time.

Posted 10 Years Ago


no one noticed the earth was shifting, that is my favorite being so in love with nature and earth.. so relatable to daily living how things seem to creep out on us unknowingly. love the write

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the crisp edge this has, the recrimination subtlety directed at unknown forms. Interesting to think that tragedy was preordained and might have been prevented by closer scrutiny, more empathy, more care.

Posted 10 Years Ago


damn good piece, frieda.

the world is going somewhere...and in so many ways, our demise is here before it is here.

we are walking dead...and will find that out soon...

it ain't pretty...but this poem is rich in imagery and message.

we have to stop now, and save ourselves.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Perhaps a great for a serious reader and I was completely lost in your piece. The last stanza is just fantastic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


there is desperation before there is hopelessness - and autopilot. This piece speaks volumes.

Posted 10 Years Ago


i, too, as some others said below, can relate to this piece. although it is a painful relation, this is the gift of the best writer! to put together words that are so close to yourself yet strike similar emotions in many others. lovely work.

i apologize for my long absence but i'm excited to be back and reading your great work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


It quite frightens me that I know this feeling all too well. How dreadful it is to drown in a sea while those on the land scream out: "Learn to swim!" How frustrating it is to weep because we aren't able to shave a potato, yet people in a trance of their own perspective demand you use a peeler while simultaneously handing you another potato. How sorrowing is our search to find the people whom are able to identify our screams before they are even cried.. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Under all that weight it's wonder anything can breath.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1738 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 19, 2013
Last Updated on October 20, 2013
Tags: shadows, death, life, breath, ignorance, facade

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..