Chapter 3: Delores

Chapter 3: Delores

A Chapter by Witch Hazel
"

New character introduction

"
"Delores! Wake up!" A.J. peeled back the comforter over her head, revealing the mess of short blonde straw underneath. 
"Psst!" A.J. said, now shaking her. "Wake up!"
The woman under the covers groaned in protest. "What is it now, A.J.?"
"C'mere!" A.J. shouted in a whispered. "Come look."
Delores sat upright and pulled herself onto her feet. She was a tiny woman whose wardrobe consisted only of velour track suits. Her glasses were thick-rimmed cat-eye, worn unironically, and her hair was cropped in a yellow mess of both straight and curly, each section of hair seemingly belonging to a different person's head. Her skin was naturally tan and taught, with a few crows feet lining the corners of her blue her eyes. Her nose was long and pointed and clearly in a competition for distance with her chin. Her eyebrows were drawn on in thin matching lines, making her appear cross most of the time. 
Delores let out a smoker's cough and asked what time it was.
"Doesn't matter," A.J. said, ignoring her question. "Just come look."
A.J. held the board that covered the window back enough for Delores to see what was outside. Delores peered through the blinds, still not awake enough for her eyes to focus.
"What am I supposed to be looking at again?"
"There," A.J. pointed, her voice calm now, frozen in anticipation.
"Well I'll be damned," Delores said.


© 2013 Witch Hazel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on May 9, 2013
Last Updated on May 25, 2013