Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
~chapter one: first day~

~chapter one: first day~

A Chapter by peyton

I breathed heavily, staring at myself in the mirror, my cold eyes looking into the copy, and my face drenched with water.
"First f*****g day of school" I groaned, "I hate school."

I wiped my face of the water that I had used to clean my face of sleep. I walked from the bathroom and to my own room, swapping from an oversized shirt to my stupid school uniform. I hate it so much, but it feels comfortable than before. 

On the way to school, I kept worrying. What if I forgot something? What if my uniform is wrong? What if nobody likes me? What if I get in trouble for my hair? I bit my lip, staring out the window. My dad dropped me off at the huge private school and I sighed, running my hands through my ginger hair that stands up. I was so stressed and worried. I knew nobody there! 

"Hey! Peyton!" I turned, recognizing the voice.

"Oh, hey Eli." I smiled and pressed my chest against the trans male as I hugged him. I helped him out with finding his first hour class and then I went to my own. I am a freshman this year, so I honestly had no idea where I was going.

Once I got to my first hour class, I almost fell asleep as I flopped down into a free seat in the back. Everyone seemed to know each other. I was jealous of everyone's friendship. Last year, I had known Eli because we went to the same middle school together. Nobody I knew was in here. We went over school rules and regular procedures. I was bored already. I leaned my head into my hands, watching the clock. Finally the bell rung and everyone stormed out of the class.

Second hour was the same way, and I was very close to dying of boredom. After homeroom in next hour, then I got to go to lunch and take a nap, so that sounded great. I actually fell asleep once or twice.

After homeroom, I walked down the stairs to the bottom floor of the school so I could finally crash out on the bleachers or something. I went to the side of the atrium and I sat down, covering my face and leaning my head onto my knees. Maybe one of my old friends were here. I looked up, and saw Eli flirting with some girls. F**k. My heart dropped and I shoved my face back down onto my lap and sighed.

"Hey....aren't you in my math class?"

I looked up and saw someone looking down at me. Holy s**t he's tall. Well, everyone is taller than me. I bit my lip nervously; I bet he was here to pick on me for falling asleep or something. "Y-Yeah?" I said sort of questioningly. "You have to teach me how to do that! I can never slip by the teachers when I sleep in class." He laughed. "Oh?" This was not what I'd expected. I decided to be cocky about it. "Well, only master sleepers can do it. And I'm a level 15 sleeping master." I smirked. He thought that was funny, because I saw him smile. "You can sit by me. Lunch hour is almost over, but whatever. I'm Savanah, but... the friends I did have call me Peyton." I said, scooting over. He did as I asked and sat down next to me. "I'm Griffin." We shook hands, and I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. "Why the hell are we being so formal?" I smiled up at the taller male. Before he could say something back, the bell rung. I stood up, grabbing my backpack. "I'll see you around? Tomorrow?" He asked. I turned and looked down at him, as he was still sitting. "Sure." I smiled.

The rest of my day was pretty okay. Griffin was in my geography class, and that was pretty swell. Neither of us talk much in class. He kept trying to crack jokes about me falling asleep in class. He sat a few seats away, but it was still pretty funny and I tried not to laugh. 

After my dad picked me up in the parking lot, I couldn't exactly stop thinking about Griffin. Why the hell was he so nice to me? And how could a human be that amazing looking and talk to me?! These questions stumped me as I thought about it, my eyes locked on the window. When I got home, everything changed from okay to great. Mom made cookies and my little sister was asleep. She wouldn't be bothering me. After cookies and telling my mom about my day, I went to my room and fell asleep.


There was just something about that boy that I couldn't get out of my head.


© 2017 peyton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on August 27, 2017
Last Updated on August 27, 2017


Author

peyton
peyton

Lithuania



About
- i am a poet. - more..

Writing
The Garden The Garden

A Poem by peyton