Memoir

Memoir

A Story by K. N. Graf

Hearts were beating hurriedly. Everyone was silently fixing their black gloves, pulling down helmets, and straightening uniforms, just to make sure everything was perfect. Then I hear my band director say, “Mark time, hut,” and I knew it was time. As all 76 of us marched onto the green football field, I could hear the announcer on the speakers and feel everyone’s eyes upon us. When we were finally on the standing on the thick green grass on the field and had warmed up one final time, we all turned toward the home stadium seats overflowing with people and strode to our places. After whispering a few quick “good luck’s,” I rotated around to the back stadium seats and gradually took deep breaths. Finally I heard the person behind me count out loud, “1-2, 1-2-3-4.” At that moment it had started, and the entire stadium filled up with music. I can’t really remember too much of what happened after that because my mind was just in a daze. All I remember is that was the finest moment of my life.  

© 2008 K. N. Graf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What was the music? What did it feel like in your body? Did it vibrate? did it relax? Was it orgasmic? did it go through you? did it go over you? did it wriggle inside you like an alien or welcome friend? What? Make me hear it! Make me SEE it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hi K.N.

Nice to meet you.

I like the snippet, a slice. In my opinion, it could stand a buffing up, but that's OK.

The obvious: When we were finally (on the) standing on the thick green grass on the field...

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

K. N. Graf
K. N. Graf

New Oxford, PA



About
I've been so blessed with the gift of writing. It helps me to release so many emotions that build up inside me sometimes. I've enjoyed writing stories and poems since I was little. Hopefully I'll be a.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Poem by K. N. Graf


Words. Words.

A Story by K. N. Graf