Not again

Not again

A Story by Rayne Stanton
"

A short glimpse at a re-occuring nightmare.

"

   Why should I feel like this? He makes me fall for him but I shouldn’t, I couldn’t, but I do. He leans in close to me and whispers in my ear, “Did you know that I love you?” The words take my breath away and I’m unable to respond.

   His warm lips press close to my ear and make their way down my jaw line and I turn my head until my own lips find his. The cool air of the late night played its way through my hair and lifted it off my shoulders as my arms wrapped around him. The grass in the field where we sat was cool against my hot skin. My heart pounding in my chest, my mind in a rush, my blood in a boil, all for him. Just the thought of him and I together at last was enough to send me reeling and begging for more.

   I wake up breathing hard and I feel the sting of sweat across my face. I sat up in bed and shamefully wiped the tear trails from my eyes. Nearly a month in a row that these dreams have come back to haunt me, to torture me and nearly every night I wake up the same. With tears coming down my cheeks and an empty hole where my heart was ripped out. It always seems to me that god wants to remind me that my love is gone. To continue torturing me with these dreams of him. And no matter how many times my love had said it, he does not love me back.

      ~Rae Stanton

 

© 2011 Rayne Stanton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very interesting. I like how you capture little details into a small passage. I will continue to support!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
1 Review
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 24, 2011

Author

Rayne Stanton
Rayne Stanton

Bend, OR



About
My real name is Maddie Linde, however Rayne is my middle name and also the name of my favorite character in one of my unfinished novels. I'm 17 years old and have been writing short stories and poems .. more..

Writing