New?

New?

A Chapter by writergirl10
"

I know it's short. Get over it. Haha.

"

Chapter 3

New?

 

After I left the bar, I decided it was time to go back home. It was nearly three o’clock. I had spent two hours talking to Ian and we already are going to meet this Saturday at the coffee shop uptown. He goes to college uptown, so it makes sense. Plus, I do not want to run into any of my high school friends that might tell my mom. If she talks to any of them anymore, which I doubt she doesn’t. Only her best friend.

            When I reach my front porch steps, I stop at the door. This house seems so foreign to me. Ever since my dad died�"screw it. I’m going in.

            “Where have you been? It is nearly five o’clock!” Berta screams at me. “Your mother has been off her rocker lately and you disappear? You seem like your brother!”

            “I was at the�"café,” I stop myself. Berta would freak if I was in a bar. She stills have that mothering instinct even though her children are already grown up and have their own children now, and live far away. Well, except one. She lives in the suburbs around here.

            “Doing what, exactly?” she presses. “Were you with Debby?”

            “Yes,” I sigh. “Then, no.”

            “Just go to your mother and check in. She’s getting worse. Scott called a bit earlier, and she sounded okay, I guess,” she explains wistfully. I walk over to the study, and find an empty desk. I turn back to Berta. “She’s in the living room today.” I walk over to the living room, where I find my mother staring at the flashing television screen playing a cooking show.

            “Mom? I’m home. I just wanted to let you know that,” I tell her. She keeps staring at the TV. “Are you doing okay? What did Scott have to say?”

            “He’s doing okay. He actually might be coming home in a few weeks, on break. Oh, Aria, isn’t that wonderful?” she marvels.

            “That is great!” I wrap my arms around her shoulders.

            “Aria, maybe hope is returning to this house after all. He and I had a long conversation, and I didn’t bring up your father once!” she exclaims.

            “I love you, Mom, I hope you know that,” I remind her, hugging her again.

            “I love you too, Aria,” she smiles. “I love you too.”

 

END OF CHAPTER 3: NEW



© 2013 writergirl10


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on May 2, 2013
Last Updated on May 2, 2013


Author

writergirl10
writergirl10

About
I love History and English, and the Twilight Saga. I love to write, and I love to read. more..

Writing
The Wish The Wish

A Chapter by writergirl10