Graysmokes revenge part 3

Graysmokes revenge part 3

A Story by Tomahawk Joe

Even though he was grateful to the man for saving his life he didn't care for his brusque manner. He was in pain he was sure one of his rib were broken and his hand hurt terribly from the bullet wound.  This cause Zeb some concern "I'll have Bien take a look at it when we get to camp most likely the bullet's next to the bone" the man said
matter of factly.

"I'm not going with you I plan on going back east finding a girl and settlin' down" Zeb told the man. The man looked at him pathetically then broke out in mocking laughter. Zeb felt anger rising in him.

"Hell boy if you find that to be a normal life be sure and write me about it" the man said laughing again. The group of men apparently his gang joined him in the chorus of raucous laughter. Zeb in his anger went for his gun again but his hand was too swollen to be useful. "You wont make it far in your condition the buzzards'll be the next ones to find you. You best ride along with us" the man said.

"Thank you kindly but I'll be on my own I'll take my chances with the hand" Zeb told him. Before Zeb had time to think he heard the cocking of a pistol. he was suddenly starting down the barrel of the man's revolver. Zeb gulped suddeny frozen he couldn't believe a man wh had shown such compassion earlier could also have a mean streak.

"I don't think you get it you're coming with us" the man said impatiently "you're going to die either way by my gun or infection will kill you if you manage to escape which aint likely.If you stay Bien can fix you if you were to leave you would most likely die from gangrene or starvation will get you judging from the looks of you" the man said his yellowed teeth showed in a condescending sneer.

Zeb was angry but the man had a point there was no way he could have made it on his own in his condition.
In unfamiliar territory he was lucky to have gotten this far. If he was lucky he would be found by a tribe of friendly indians on the other hand he could have just as well end up with his scalp on the end of a lance.

On the other hand he didn't know these people either he might end up in jail if he stayed with them.

Zeb had another idea it was a stupid one but he was desperate and had to do something. He decided he still wasn't going without a fight even at gunpoint. He stepped forward within striking distance of the man with the gun. Just as he brought his foot up into the mans groin he felt a sharp blow to the back of his head then he went unconscious.

                                                     End part 3

© 2013 Tomahawk Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on May 7, 2013
Last Updated on May 7, 2013

Author

Tomahawk Joe
Tomahawk Joe

carl junction, MO



About
Aspiring writer and artist,currently working on four books. And a few short stories. I have been writing stories since grade school. more..

Writing
teaser: teaser:

A Story by Tomahawk Joe


River River

A Poem by Tomahawk Joe