My compass

My compass

A Poem by Tomahawk Joe
"

This poem probably doesn't fit the norms of actual poetry. It's really more of a verse than a poem. But it was a cathartic experience because I couldn't speak my grief so I wrote about it.

"
                                         My compass
My compass in life was there to guide more of a friend it was always beside me. More than an instrument for north,
south, east or west my compass often guided through life's many tests. And then a dark storm overshadowed my day and forever took my compass away.

© 2013 Tomahawk Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think one of the wonderful attributes of poetry is the ability to simply express. The product will take form as it must, but the expression needs only to be released to satisfy the muse, be she evil or good.
A simple structure change would make this "feel" more like poetry. However, the run-on sentence also tells more of the heart of the author.
Your catharsis was earned. I am sorry for your loss and thankful you chose to share it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the symbolism of the compass and can't help but wonder what dark storm it was that should take the compass forever away. Is this simply an artistic work, or is the connotation deeper?

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013

Author

Tomahawk Joe
Tomahawk Joe

carl junction, MO



About
Aspiring writer and artist,currently working on four books. And a few short stories. I have been writing stories since grade school. more..

Writing
teaser: teaser:

A Story by Tomahawk Joe


River River

A Poem by Tomahawk Joe