Prologue: Spirit of darkness

Prologue: Spirit of darkness

A Story by Tomahawk Joe

                                               Spirit of darkness
Epilogue: Thunder crashed echoing through the chamber as the priests of the 
ancient order of Enthullen prepared themselves for the ritual. It was a proud order brought from the old country and borne of the old traditions of Wakenod culture.The priests were solemn taking their duty quite seriously. They were a tribe who had migrated over a hundred years ago from the bogs of Wakenom.

Their chief priest Wodnyss had gotten a divine vision while meditating in the forest. A beam of light appeared in the vision a feminine voice spoke out
of the beam and told him he must take a group of two hundred men, women and children and flee to another land.

The priest told him before he left the forest he was instructed to use his dagger and carve out a stone tablet. It was a laborious process taking hours but he finally finished the tablet. When he was finished he fell into a deep sleep the voice came again in his dream.He was told to leave and go home he was told after he had rested well he must return and retrieve the tablet.

As he was ordered the priest returned to the forest the next day. It had a colorful purple and yellow symbol carved into the front of the tablet.Firmly attached to the back of the tablet was at least eight hundred pages of a manuscript. Wodnyss was instantly curious and started to leaf through the pages.The gentle voice came to him again like the faintest whisper on the gentle breeze.

"Do not view the pages until you arrive in the new land" the voice instructed. "The pages contain an ancient ritual that releases spirits to protect you in your new land" the voice further informed the priests in a whispered voice that seemed to flow with the breeze.

"You must leave now your village is in trouble" the voice urged him.

Wodnyss ran quickly to the village to tell the chief Hauptner. Hauptner told his counsel to run quickly and inform all the fisherman in the village to volunteer their boats for the voyage.

Wodnyss knew of the impending danger he just wasn't aware of how close the invaders were. From the turbulent sea Wodnyss as his boat rocked about on the tempestuous water  watched in sadness and horror as their village was sacked and burned. He closed his ears against the tortured screams of the villagers that were left behind.  





 

© 2013 Tomahawk Joe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like this prose it reminds me of the wind singer series by william nicholson which i highly recommend as they were my favourite books as a teenager. This breaths mystery and a great quest full of mystical power.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tomahawk Joe

10 Years Ago

Thanks it's quite flattering to be compared to a favorite writer.
Mizo4

10 Years Ago

no problremo :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on June 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013

Author

Tomahawk Joe
Tomahawk Joe

carl junction, MO



About
Aspiring writer and artist,currently working on four books. And a few short stories. I have been writing stories since grade school. more..

Writing
teaser: teaser:

A Story by Tomahawk Joe


River River

A Poem by Tomahawk Joe