Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Steffi
"

as i said help

"

Santigo. 1998…

 “Do you really have to go…” she whispered softly into my neck. Her nails digging stronger into the front of my pale cotton shirt.  A soft chuckle came from my throat as I pulled her into me just a little bit closer.

            “Yeah love, I do.” She let out a small chuckle at my words that should have warmed me but sent chills down my arms. She dug herself more into my body like an animal digging into the ground to find warmth. I could feel a small smile spread on her lips into a delicate grin.
            “Try not to screw anyone else right away when you get there okay.”

 

Pandora Cassandra Halle was always a memorable girl. Cassy is what she demanded to be called. She had stood 5’3” with blonde tendrils that fell to her waist, molten chocolate eyes that stood so wide and opening on her delicate face when we first met. A soft dusting of freckles caressed her face with a tan complexion from many summers in the sun. The first time I met her was on the sun warmed pavement of the local park. Staring up at her with a small hand print etched into my cheek.

 

And that’s how it was when I jumped behind the wheel of my beat up 93’ Ford. I’m not gonna say exactly what ingenious word usage I had used on the girl to earn me this crimson mark. Let’s just agree that I deserved it. Ten years together and you would think we would’ve had some romantic way to say our goodbye. Poetic words, tender kisses, passionate love beneath the tree I had left her standing under. No, a gentle smirk we would both appreciate and a small wave is how we spilt ways. The breeze shuffled my hair relentlessly as I pulled away from my small home town. I was heading west, I didn’t know where west, how far west, or what was west that I was going to. But that’s where I was going. There were s rumors of a lot of commotion and trouble going on in the farther reaches of our country. Rumor, that we had gotten bored of nothing new to fight, so small sections of the country were fighting each other. A sort of underground Civil War per say.

‘B*****d…’ Cassy’s departing words echoed in the hollow vacuum around me that caused a small grin to spread across my cheeks as I sped the car faster past the sign thanking me for visiting Santigo. I was on my way, no clue where but I was sure I would know it when I got there. 

 



© 2008 Steffi


Author's Note

Steffi
Help

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

There were s rumors of a lot of commotion and trouble going on in the farther reaches of our country.

Silly girl! What's an s rumor?

But seriously, keep this going. I really enjoy this. :D Just go back over and check up on some sentences but the idea is good. :) And I really, really like that first paragrah, and her response tp him leaving.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yeah, I thought this was really good. I think everyone's experienced the feel of someone leaving you. It really is great :) Now I gotta read the rest ;)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Great start. I love the emotion. Keep writing to it, I wanna read more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


great prologue it sets the scene well and a great start to the book, well done,

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2008
Last Updated on June 8, 2008


Author

Steffi
Steffi

Nowhere, NJ



About
♥ I'm generally a normal teenage girl. Well I like to tell myself that im normal sometimes. Normalcy is overrated. Im a writer, I cant tell you if im good. Im really not gonna waste your t.. more..

Writing
Wedlock Wedlock

A Poem by Steffi