One Hour of Paper

One Hour of Paper

A Poem by Jamie
"

I firmly institute my faith into my writing in most any style. It is apart of who I am. I cannot relinquish the hold my Creator has over me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

"

One day with the Creator.

One page with words to fill.

One hour complete with love overspilled.

 

Someday I’ll write with the

Author of Salvation.

 

One day he’ll help me write only what I know.

One page with simplicity.

One hour of paper like Gethsemane.

 

Someday I’ll write with the

Author of Salvation. 






Note: I am a Christian. I believe in the Trinity. The ironic thing about this poem is because I firmly believe God was working in me without me knowing. When I presented it to my Creative Writing class I recognized what He had done with my words. I use the word 'One' consistently. Also the word is used in couplets of three. The Trinity is Three in One. It gives me goose bumps that God worked through my writing in that way!

© 2010 Jamie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
SH
I love the idea of 'one hour of paper' and you writing with the Author of Salvation.
As a strong believer myself, this was very touching.
Great poem :)


Posted 14 Years Ago


You know, this is a really nice piece. I used to really have a faith like that. Sometimes I wish I could believe like I used to. It's cool to read something from someone else's core though...

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Joe
I like this poem. Your rhythm is really good and the repitition is really nice. Great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2010

Author

Jamie
Jamie

About
Just a person In a world of many. Just a thought In the sea of plenty. Just a whisper In the whirring buzz. Just lost In the beauty and pain of frost. more..

Writing
Lack of Time Lack of Time

A Poem by Jamie


Soundly Free Soundly Free

A Poem by Jamie


Water Water

A Poem by Jamie