Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Writing.the.Strings

Prologue

Name: Henri Caesar Malloy

Age: 16

Sex: M

DOB: 12/11/00

Grade Level: 11

GPA: 4.0

Occupation: Student and Soccer Player at Central Point High School; Time Traveler

Height: 5ft. 7 in.

Weight: 165 lbs.

Location: Banner Elk, North Carolina.

  • Holds one of the pieces of the Wise Rock.
  • No other information available.

Name: Robert James Hartford

Age: 17

Sex: M

DOB: 11/15/99

Grade Level: 12

GPA: 4.0

Occupation: Student; Musician at Central Point High School; Time Traveler

Height: 6ft. 1in.

Weight; 180 lbs.

Location: Banner Elk, North Carolina.

  • Holds one of the pieces of the Wise Rock.
  • No other information available.

Name: Tony Randall Hanning

Age: 16

Sex: M

DOB:  04/10/00

Grade Level: 11

GPA: 4.0

Occupation: Student; Football Player (Linebacker) at Central Point High School; Time Traveler

Height: 5ft. 3in.

Weight: 210 lbs

Location: Banner Elk, North Carolina.

  • Holds one of the pieces of the Wise Rock.
  • No other information available.


Name: Athena Eliza Millar

Age: 17

Sex: F

DOB: 06/03/99

Grade Level: 12

GPA: 4.0

Occupation: Student; Artist at Central Point High School; Time Traveler

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Weight: 150 lbs

Location: Banner Elk, North Carolina

  • Holds one of the pieces of the Wise Rock.
  • Twin to Artemis Peyton Millar
  • No other information available.

Name: Artemis Peyton Millar

Age: 17

Sex: F

DOB: 06/03/99

Grade Level: 12

GPA: 4.0

Occupation: Student; Dancer at Central Point High School; Time Traveler

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Weight: 150 lbs

Location: Banner Elk, North Carolina

  • Holds one of the pieces of the Wise Rock
  • Twin to Athena Eliza Millar
  • No other information available.

Name: Diana Marilyn Bolton

Age: 16

Sex: F

DOB: 7/28/00

Grade Level: 11

GPA: 4.0

Occupation: Student; Cheerleader at Central Point High School; Time Traveler

Height: 6ft 0in.

Weight: 195 lbs

Location Banner Elk, North Carolina.

  • Holds one of the pieces of the Wise Rock
  • No other information available.

“These are the six teenagers holding the pieces of the Wise Rock, sir,” says a young woman about in her mid-twenties.

“Find them. And retrieve the pieces. Those pieces are vital to our plan.With this rock, we can travel back in time and make everything how it should have been. The man pulls out a pen, jotting down some notes on a post-it.

“Yes, Mr Kane.” Replied the intern female, walking off..

“Oh and Sheila, bring me some coffee would ya? This place is sucking my energy dry.” The woman nodded again, rushing off to inform agents of their new mission at hand.




Central Point High School filled with superfluous amounts of chatter as students of each grade level filed out after another school day filled with lectures, projects and field trips. The school was pretty small compared to other schools around the country. It was a miracle how that building could hold over a thousand students. It was also one of the newest schools in Banner Elk, North Carolina. Windows plastered each wall of the school except for designated areas. Tile floors shined under every step.

According to the principal and Banner Elk County, this school was designed for rigorous college-level courses and career prep. Most students might agree with the ‘rigorous’ work, but most likely not in a positive way. Others might think of it as easy. Though that is rare. Few students are able to maintain a 3.0 average or higher in classes. That being said, doesn't most schools?




The Soccer field lies directly across from the football field. It is usually always occupied by the boy’s or girl’s soccer teams.

“Hey Jay, pass it over here!” Cried a boy. This boy in particular goes by Henri Malloy. He’s a defender on the boy’s soccer team, aiming towards a World Cup championship. His grades are marked as one of the highest in his junior class, proving a higher level of success to brighten his future, Practice occurs directly after school where he trains as hard as he can. However sustaining multiple stress fractures had him sitting out. As of right now, he is still recovering from his most recent one.

“Yeah!” He shouted in glee. Jet black hair sticks to his skin, dripping sweat onto his shirt. Brown eyes light up in excitement. Students sitting the bleachers applauded at his team’s goal.

Henri was neither popular nor an outcast. His preference was a small group of friends as to not draw much attention to himself. The generosity, fervor, and anticipation attracts the eyes of some.




As mentioned previously, the football field sits directly across the soccer field. At this very moment, linebacker Tony Hanning steps into the field, joining in with his team. His eyes shone a hazel brown, with light brown locks stay madden firmly onto his head. Tony was one of the few popular kids while also a nerd at heart. As another one of the top seniors at Central Point, he is both loved and hated by students and teachers alike.

His Grade Point Average also stands at a 4.0, granting him letters by colleges wanting him to join. As he approaches his team, he catches a glimpse at another popular yet nerdy student, Diana Bolton.

Diana is a cheerleader with dyed red curly hair, blue eyes and a smile that brightens everyone’s day. As a junior with also high marks, many question her about why and how. Her family comes from a line of rich entrepreneurs which led to hatred filled rumors to fly around quickly. She is the new temporary captain of the cheer squad until the original captain heals from an unidentified injury. Her cheers roared through the field, in sync with at least eleven other girls. Preparing for their next football halftime performance, they rehearsed dances and cheer routines every single day.

“S-C-A-R-E-D we got you scared, so scared, you shaking in the knees!” Diana cried with a sequence of movements to go along with the cheer.

Walking down the hallway was musician Robert Hartford. A clean-shaved haircut accompanied his brown eyes and dark complexion. His passion is music. Throughout his school life, he would work on music for play, musicals, or even compose his own music. Robert also falls in the category of highest ranks in the senior class with also a 4.0 GPA. He applied to a music college in which he is still waiting a reply.

From his peripheral vision, he spotted a pair of twins chattering away about nonsensical topics. He recognized one as a student in the high school’s dance team and class where he helped with music for their routine. Her name was Artemis Millar. Friends have told him that her sister’s name was Athena. No one knew the meaning behind their names. Rumors quickly spread that their parents were historians and were obsessed with Greek Mythology. However, he felt that the rumor was nonsense.

Artemis and Athena were identical twins born on the same day 25 minutes apart with Athena being the elder. Each both had long straight brown hair with matching brown eyes. It was almost impossible to tell them apart. Glasses sat the rim of both their noses. Just like four other seniors, they are also in the top of the class with a 4.0 GPA. They were not popular, but were admired for their dedication to what they do. Nerds at heart as well, they study and maintain their grades to stay above and stretch out beyond what their parents and families could believe.

None of the six knew what their fates had in store for them.



© 2017 Writing.the.Strings


Author's Note

Writing.the.Strings
I'm dearly sorry this chapter is bad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First, I like the giving of information about the time travelers. What I want to point out is that 5 ft. 3 in. is a very odd height for a male football player at age 16. If Tony was between grade 4th through 8th I would be more accurate.

In the first sentence you put a period and a comma. You are missing a comma in between "projects" and "and". You are missing a s in "school" after "most". You are missing a hyphen between C and A. You have an uppercase i with "to" next to dedication.

I love reading this prologue. I think it is a nice introduction. I think you did an awesome job. Keep going with this and let me know when you write more. Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Writing.the.Strings

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Chapter One is in the making.
A.R. Murray

7 Years Ago

Awesome. Can't wait.
Writing.the.Strings

7 Years Ago

Yeah. I appreciate you reading my stories and giving feedback.



Reviews

It is quite convoluted. If it were clearer than it might be more apparent. The last line is not a good line to end with - it's a trope.
:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Writing.the.Strings

7 Years Ago

I had a feeling. I kind of rushed on it due to time. And can you expand on what you find convoluted?.. read more
Writing.the.Strings

7 Years Ago

So I can be able to try and make it better
First, I like the giving of information about the time travelers. What I want to point out is that 5 ft. 3 in. is a very odd height for a male football player at age 16. If Tony was between grade 4th through 8th I would be more accurate.

In the first sentence you put a period and a comma. You are missing a comma in between "projects" and "and". You are missing a s in "school" after "most". You are missing a hyphen between C and A. You have an uppercase i with "to" next to dedication.

I love reading this prologue. I think it is a nice introduction. I think you did an awesome job. Keep going with this and let me know when you write more. Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Writing.the.Strings

7 Years Ago

Thank you. Chapter One is in the making.
A.R. Murray

7 Years Ago

Awesome. Can't wait.
Writing.the.Strings

7 Years Ago

Yeah. I appreciate you reading my stories and giving feedback.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2017
Last Updated on March 5, 2017


Author

Writing.the.Strings
Writing.the.Strings

DC



About
Love to write and read. Violinist; beginner pianist. more..

Writing