PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Lina Savill

My grandmother always told me that eye contact is way more intimate and powerful than words.

With only one look to the other's eyes, you can see the truth when words say a lie; you can see a lot of emotions, figure out a lot of feelings. Also you can say and express a lot with only one look, and even more things if you're looking to someone you are so in love with. Things you never imagine you could show to its highest level, like tenderness, trust, caring, support...

And love.

Remembering her words, I looked up and smiled when I saw his face. I took advantage that he didn’t notice my look to admire him.

His soft dark brown hair moved with the slight wind, his blue eyes were so focused on some specific point, I remembered those dimples that appear when he smiles, admired his lips; All these are just a few things that made me fall so madly in love with him.

It was a beautiful day. A bright sun, clear blue sky, and in our lives there was finally peace and quiet. It was a perfect day to take a walk to the park, where there were many trees, flowers and birds singing.

We walked, laughed, talked, kissed and now we were on the grass, enjoying each other's company.

My head was on his lap, while the right side of my body lay on the green grass of the park, his left hand on my hip and his right hand was on my head, caressing it in such a soft and delicate way that makes me want to close my eyes and sleep.

"What are you thinking?" I asked. It seemed he was trying to solve the most difficult enigma in his mind.

At my question, his head turned to mine and his beautiful blue eyes, which seemed even bluer because of his dark brown hair, were now only focused on me.

"About ... nothing," he said, giving me a small smile and slightly shaking his head, as if he was clearing ideas in his head.

That's what we say when we think of everything.

"Liar," I said, with a playful smile and never breaking eye contact.

He just gave me a bigger smile now and with his finger began to stroke my cheek.

"What's bothering you?" I asked after a moment.

"I want to tell you something," he said in a serious tone, as he placed his hands behind him to hold his body and I sat directly between his legs in front of him.

I don’t think that after everything that happened, he decides to retract all of this now.

"What?" I asked nervously.

He took a deep breath and began to say, "I know we've practically gone through hell and fought so hard to be where we are now, and I'm grateful for that, my love. I hope you know that”

I don’t know where he's going with this.

He took my face with both hands, stroking my cheeks with his thumbs and looking straight into my eyes, our faces inches apart.

"When I met you for the first time, I honestly never thought you were going to be so important to me. I want you to know that I will spend my whole life making sure nothing bad happens to you again. I'm going to love you more than anyone else can and even more than I love you right now”

My eyes began to moisten with the tears that were trying to come out; as my heart beat so fast I thought I could hear it. Why he’s so good with words?

"I choose you and I’ll choose you again and again, without a pause, without thinking, without a doubt”

Without waiting for my answer, he claims my lips with his own. Touching them with so much tenderness and love, it sends a feeling of warmth through my body and makes my mind feel relaxed. I can’t hear anything that surrounds us; I can’t concentrate on anything but his lips, and the way he moves them in such a good synchrony with mine. His kiss is so delicate, as if he was being careful not to break me.

Once we were panting through the air, he breaks the kiss and rests his forehead against mine. I was with closed eyes, taking slow breaths and keeping this moment in my head while a tear rolled on my cheek.

"I love you, Ol," he whispered.

"I love you," I said, this time opening my eyes.

I was about to say something, but when I saw more closely what was around me, I was surprised to see what was in front of me.

I'm not in the park

I am in a kind of endless prairie, with a sky as beautiful as it was. But the strangest thing is that he is no longer in front of me with his hands in my face and telling me how much he loves me. He’s standing very far, his body towards me and looking at me with a look that I can’t decipher from this distance.

I don’t know if I'm sitting or standing, I can’t feel anything, I try to scream, but I have no voice or sound; My heartbeat accelerates, my breathing is agitated. All I can do is watching him. I know I'm crying, I can’t feel my eyes wet or I feel the tears, but somehow I know that I'm breaking into tears, and I feel a throbbing pain in my chest.

  The last thing I could see was an "I love you" with no sound coming from his lips.



© 2017 Lina Savill


Author's Note

Lina Savill
what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on January 15, 2017
Last Updated on January 15, 2017
Tags: Romance, Couple, Fiction, Drama, Love, Friends, Secrets


Author

Lina Savill
Lina Savill

Chile



About
Tea-lover, books, music, perverted romance, sarcasm, sunsets, starry nights and deserted beaches. more..

Writing